The Student Room Group

Choosing appropriate Universities(MEDICINE 2018 entry)

Which universities should I look to apply for Medicine(2018 entry)?

My Stats:
GCSE's: Maths- A*
English Language, Literature: A
Core Science: A
Additional Science: A*
Further Maths: A*
FSMQ: A
Finance: A

(Note: The first 5 GCSE's enlisted above were taken within 6 months as I came in from another country. Therefore, I was limited to sitting only the core subjects in Year 11 and the rest of the 3 GCSE's were taken in Year 12 along with the AS exams mentioned below)

AS results: Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Further Maths: B

UKCAT: Average score: 650, SJT: Band 2
BMAT: Doing it in November (Just because want to get into Imperial)
Should I bother to do the BMAT considering I have the mentioned UKCAT score?

Any suggestions for universities that I may have a chance of getting into(based purely on academia)?
Thanks
Your UKCAT is probablyly above the national average so you have a fair bit of choices. Avoid unis that have a high cut off like Newcastle, Southampton. HYMS and Leicester score 50% UKCAT and 50% GCSEs so you could look into them? For Leicester you can calculate the score you will get on their website. Liverpool also might be a good option as they score GCSEs, UKCAT, and ps. A/A* are worth the same at GCSE and their UKCAT cut off last year was 643 I believe. SGUL you could also consider and you can also chec you meet their minimum GCSE requirements score. These are a few which come to mind but I'm sure there are others! :smile:
Original post by Sushobhan

My Stats:

(Note: The first 5 GCSE's enlisted above were taken within 6 months as I came in from another country. Therefore, I was limited to sitting only the core subjects in Year 11 and the rest of the 3 GCSE's were taken in Year 12 along with the AS exams mentioned below)

Any suggestions for universities that I may have a chance of getting into(based purely on academia)?
Thanks

Try Keele, St George's, Plymouth and Bristol

My Stats:

Thanks

Your academic grades are decent enough to make your application viable, and your UKCAT is about average if not more too. With a strong personal statement, and good predicted grades, you should have a decent shot at a lot of unis. I currently go to Imperial, so if you have any questions regarding applications specifically for Imperial, or applications in general tbh feel free to send any questions my way!

My Stats:

Thanks

You have strong academics and universities will take into account your circumstances at GCSE, double check by calling or emailing the universities. You have a great chance at Imperial, providing your BMAT goes well. I would consider unis such as sheffield and SGUL as they may suit your UKCAT score. I have more information on the application procedure as well as interview advice etc still to come: diaryofamedicalstudentuk .blogspot. com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending