Tights with shorts - good idea or not? Watch

shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amy14081263)
Really?? Not where I live. I'd be too scared of accidentally showing my knickers!!
Sorry, I confused that with leggings but thin leggings are pretty much thick tights though?
amy14081263
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Least said about that the better!!
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think that they go quite well as i can't really notice them anyway x just wear whatever you feel most comfortable in as that's always the best thing to do x
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGalwayGirl)
I wouldn't normally but I think it looks fine OP, the only time I've ever done tights with shorts was with black tights though as it went with my maroon DMs. If you feel more confident in tights then go for it!
Cool, I love DMs too! I either wear those or dolly shoes with some of the 50s-style dresses I'm into. I do feel more confident in tights, sometimes for no other reason than I haven't shaved my legs!!
TheGalwayGirl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cool, I love DMs too! I either wear those or dolly shoes with some of the 50s-style dresses I'm into. I do feel more confident in tights, sometimes for no other reason than I haven't shaved my legs!!
I think the fact I hadn't shaved my legs was a significant factor for wearing black tights tbh..
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGalwayGirl)
I think the fact I hadn't shaved my legs was a significant factor for wearing black tights tbh..
Ha.. You know how it is, sometimes its just way too much effort! Something men don't appreciate!!
classicsgal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly I can't even tell you're wearing tights - if you want to do it, go for it
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
i think that they go quite well as i can't really notice them anyway x just wear whatever you feel most comfortable in as that's always the best thing to do x
Thanx. I don't think you can notice them either, as I try to match nude tights with my skin colour. Don't really want anyone to see them, as long as I know I'm wearing them.

Sometimes they look darker on though when they're not pulled up properly!!
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by classicsgal)
Honestly I can't even tell you're wearing tights - if you want to do it, go for it
Lolz, which piccy are you referring to?
classicsgal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lolz, which piccy are you referring to?
The one on holiday! x
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Yeah thanx, that was the idea! x
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bad idea. Like much so called fashion.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Lolz, are you an expert then?
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think it looks good in my opinion- I used to do the same years ago when everyone seemed to do it but now bare legs are the norm so I don't see why you'd need to wear them? Your legs don't look particularly blemished, and tights under shorts gets too hot at this time of year
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
I don't think it looks good in my opinion- I used to do the same years ago when everyone seemed to do it but now bare legs are the norm so I don't see why you'd need to wear them? Your legs don't look particularly blemished, and tights under shorts gets too hot at this time of year
Okies, but I don't really like bare legs and it's not that warm now. Thanx for saying my legs don't look particularly blemished, but you haven't seen them close up!!

I wear a lot of make up too, as that gives me confidence even though people say I don't need it, and I guess its the same with tights.
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to, then go for it. I personally wouldn't just because it reminds me of year 7 where everyone wore tights with bright coloured shorts.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Thanx. It's probably getting a bit too cold for shorts now anyway, so I'll most likely be wearing the tights with my dresses and skirts x
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nude tights with shorts are fine, dark tights with shorts is very 2008. Tights with open-toed shoes is a no-no.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
LOLZ, I defo agree with you about the 2008 thing, so true!

I also get you about the open-toed issue. My mistake before was wearing reinforced-toe tights with strappy sandals, rather than ones with a sandal toe.

Also, as another girl said before, the shade was too dark. What do you think of me in these tights, with a different outfit, and my open-toed wedges, which I love, but this time the tights are sandal-toed and only 8 denier (another holiday pic lol)...

I defy anyone being able to tell I'm even wearing tights, and at least they add some colour to my legs, feel comfy and help increase my confidence!!
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you guys think....
I think it's a waste of time to bother with such "problems".

Or maybe you think it's ok?
Yeap, it's okay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (164)
19.34%
Labour (430)
50.71%
Liberal Democrats (114)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.66%
Brexit Party (12)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.47%
SNP (15)
1.77%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)