The Student Room Group

Do i drop History or Business for A2?

So here's the background. I plan to study law at uni, you don't need any specific subjects to study this. I'm applying to Uni with entry requirements of A*AA and AAA and AAB. At AS i got
A - Sociology
B - Business
B - English Literature
C - History. (which i was v disappointed with)
(generally, students do a grade better at A2
I'm stuck between whether to drop business or History. I think I'm more likely to get a better grade in A2 for Business. But History is seen as a traditional subject and holds a lot more weight. I spoke with my History teacher and if I do History, she says my predicted grade for A2 will be an A. BUT. History is very demanding, enjoyable but stressful
Any advice?? (
Original post by Eaglechels
So here's the background. I plan to study law at uni, you don't need any specific subjects to study this. I'm applying to Uni with entry requirements of A*AA and AAA and AAB. At AS i got
A - Sociology
B - Business
B - English Literature
C - History. (which i was v disappointed with)
(generally, students do a grade better at A2
I'm stuck between whether to drop business or History. I think I'm more likely to get a better grade in A2 for Business. But History is seen as a traditional subject and holds a lot more weight. I spoke with my History teacher and if I do History, she says my predicted grade for A2 will be an A. BUT. History is very demanding, enjoyable but stressful
Any advice?? (

history would be more appropriate but a C to A prediction might not look great to universities.

Quick Reply

Latest