The Student Room Group

Should i take a level maths?

I achieved a level 7 at mathematic gcse (AQA), not having covered the whole of the gcse content - I was suprised since maths is not one of my strong subjects. Should i take a level or do you need to know maths really well? Would i be able to learn the a level content having not learnt/remembering gcse?
Original post by harry2098
I achieved a level 7 at mathematic gcse (AQA), not having covered the whole of the gcse content - I was suprised since maths is not one of my strong subjects. Should i take a level or do you need to know maths really well? Would i be able to learn the a level content having not learnt/remembering gcse?

What do you want to do at Uni? ( I wouldn't reccomend taking it personally unless you need it)
Is a level 7 an A? If so, you have the ability to carry on maths at A Level for sure. However you should also try to spend a few weekends to catch up on GCSE basics you may have missed out as they are the building blocks for A Level. I personally picked up maths after a long summer of not doing anything maths related and I was alright in the end.
Original post by wallflower ~
Is a level 7 an A? If so, you have the ability to carry on maths at A Level for sure. However you should also try to spend a few weekends to catch up on GCSE basics you may have missed out as they are the building blocks for A Level. I personally picked up maths after a long summer of not doing anything maths related and I was alright in the end.

A 7 is a high B/low A.

Quick Reply

Latest