The Student Room Group

Product Design

Can you pick up AS product design in year 13?
Original post by Sadiyah24
Can you pick up AS product design in year 13?

For the love of god, don't do it.
Reply 2
Original post by Ze Witcher
For the love of god, don't do it.

Really why?
Really why?

Product Design is the most time-consuming, mentally and physically taxing subject I've ever taken. You're going to face soooo much stress if whatever you're making is not functional, aesthetically pleasing or whatever, and so many hours go into the coursework when it's only worth 50%. I took Math, Chemistry and the EPQ alongside Product Design (PD), and PD sucked out so much time when it came to revising other subjects and stuff. I was also staying back 2-3 hours, nearly 3 days a week, after school just to get my *****y project done! If you enjoy stress, go for it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ze Witcher
Product Design is the most time-consuming, mentally and physically taxing subject I've ever taken. You're going to face soooo much stress if whatever you're making is not functional, aesthetically pleasing or whatever, and so many hours go into the coursework when it's only worth 50%. I took Math, Chemistry and the EPQ alongside Product Design (PD), and PD sucked out so much time when it came to revising other subjects and stuff. I was also staying back 2-3 hours, nearly 3 days a week, after school just to get my *****y project done! If you enjoy stress, go for it.

Oh wow! I do physics and chemistry too and I love my designy subjects so i was thinking of picking the design up as an AS.
Oh wow! I do physics and chemistry too and I love my designy subjects so i was thinking of picking the design up as an AS.

You could do it, but be prepared to put in a butt-load of hours! Also, try and be a perfectionist (not just with your folder work but with your actual product) straightaway. Because, if you don't, you'd want to just end it all there.

Quick Reply

Latest