The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The Official University of East Anglia (UEA) Applicants Thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Name: Kate
Course: Accounting & Finance
Predicted grades: 45 Distinctions (equivalent to 144 UCAS points or AAA). I am doing Access to Higher Education in Social Science (not a mature student, I am 19).
Also applying at: LSE, City, University of London, Essex, Middlesex.
Something random about yourself: I was born in Latvia, my native language is Russian and I have been living in England for last 1,5 years :smile:

Received a conditional offer from UEA few hours ago - 30 Distinctions, 15 Merits.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
My brother who is away on his gap year has just received a conditional offer, which is odd as he's applying with grades. He says there are no conditions listed, so not quite sure what it means
Original post by GekLhar
Name: Samuel
Course: History BA

Received an offer on UCAS, but the terms and conditions email they sent me had a section stating if I firm it'll become unconditional. It doesn't say uncon if firm on UCAS but does via email, did anyone else receive their unconditionals like this?

i think all of UEA's unconditionals are done this way? I was told I was eligible for an unconditional upgrade by email/post
Original post by beccabokka
Will do, thanks!:smile: is UEA your top choice?

yes!! i'm going to firm it
Original post by Usacova
Name: Kate
Course: Accounting & Finance
Predicted grades: 45 Distinctions (equivalent to 144 UCAS points or AAA). I am doing Access to Higher Education in Social Science (not a mature student, I am 19).
Also applying at: LSE, City, University of London, Essex, Middlesex.
Something random about yourself: I was born in Latvia, my native language is Russian and I have been living in England for last 1,5 years :smile:

Received a conditional offer from UEA few hours ago - 30 Distinctions, 15 Merits.

Hello Usacova,

I am currently studying at Middlesex!
It is a great place to study, there are people from 145 different nationalities, there is so much to get involved in! From societies, to sports, to jobs on campus!
Our Accounting and finance course is also very good and the lecturers are extremely knowledgeable!
We are running an Open day tomorrow, if you would like to have a look at the Campus and and have a chat with lecturers and current students!
you can book your place here: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays.

Have a lovely day and let me know if you have any questions!

Ludovica
Name: Nathan
Course: Computer Science
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying at: Lancaster, Cardiff, Swansea and Kent
Original post by dylanstudies
yes!! i'm going to firm it

Ahh very cool! Especial congrats to you then! I got an unconditional for the course today! Well, technically it is condition, but only on me submitting proof of my A level results, so that should be okay. Same day as I got my interview invite for Oxford, so a good day in all aha
Name: Nerisse
Course: English and American Literature + English Lit and Creative Writing
Predicted grades: AAA
Also applying at: Essex & Nottingham

I received an offer for English and American Lit, unconditional if I firm it :smile: Putting my portfolio together for creative writing right now.
Original post by Amelia-grace4
Which applicant day are you going to? i'm going to the 31st january one.

Hi,

I'm going to the Saturday the 27th Applicant day. xx :smile:
I'm (hopefully) going to the Wednesday 31 January Applicant Visit day - I've also been offered an unconditional if I firm, but it's not my top choice at the moment, so I want to go there to see.

My only issue is that it takes so long for me to get to Norwich, I live on the Welsh border so I'm realistically looking at a 5 and a half hour journey by train, setting off from where I live at 5:00 and having to change four times... Which will cost me £75. Oh, fun... It would be better if I could get driven over, but I can't see my parents offering to do that for me. Do any of you have any ideas of what I could do? I really want to give it a chance, but it's going to be a ballache to actually get there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by EllieCeeJay
I'm (hopefully) going to the Wednesday 31 January Applicant Visit day - I've also been offered an unconditional if I firm, but it's not my top choice at the moment, so I want to go there to see.

My only issue is that it takes so long for me to get to Norwich, I live on the Welsh border so I'm realistically looking at a 5 and a half hour journey by train, setting off from where I live at 5:00 and having to change four times... Which will cost me £75. Oh, fun... It would be better if I could get driven over, but I can't see my parents offering to do that for me. Do any of you have any ideas of what I could do? I really want to give it a chance, but it's going to be a ballache to actually get there.

Hi @EllieCeeJay! Have you seen our Travel Fund? It's definitely worth checking out if you're worried about the cost of getting to the Applicant Day :smile:

- Laura, UEA Official Rep
Original post by EllieCeeJay

Costs me £120 to get from Norwich back home, which I do every 4-5 weeks.
Original post by University of East Anglia
Hi @EllieCeeJay! Have you seen our Travel Fund? It's definitely worth checking out if you're worried about the cost of getting to the Applicant Day :smile:

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

Thank you for letting me know! That helps me out so much!

Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Costs me £120 to get from Norwich back home, which I do every 4-5 weeks.

I think part of my issue is the timings, as well as how poorly connected I am to the outside world. Whereabouts do you come from?
Name: Erin
Course: Paramedic science
Predicted grades: Distinctions
Also applying at: Lincoln, Northampton, AR and Suffolk
Something random about yourself: I make a lot of my own clothes!
How long did everyone have to wait for a response? Sent my application off at the beginning of the week and am constantly refreshing ucas track 😂😂
Reply 95
Original post by beth30hill
How long did everyone have to wait for a response? Sent my application off at the beginning of the week and am constantly refreshing ucas track 😂😂

It can take a while. The average is about 5 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
It can take a while. The average is about 5 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer took 11 days to come through for PPE
Name: Megan

Course: Adult Nursing

Predicted grades: ABB

Also applying at: Lincoln and York

Something random about yourself: I am probably going to miss my dogs more than the rest of my family when I come to Uni😂

(Also I got a conditional offer last week for both UEA and Lincoln and I can’t decide 😬)
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi eveyone!
Name: Luke
Course: History and Politics
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham Trent
Something random about yourself: Im torn between UEA and Nottingham because ill be alone at UEA
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello everyone!

Name: Nerisse
Course: English Literature with Creative Writing / English and American Literature
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Also applying at: Essex and Nottingham :smile:
Random fact: I love watching movies!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending