The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Thanks. Have you applied for accommodation?
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
No I’m staying at home
Perhaps I 'll see you on campus then!
Eirini, have you applied for accommodation?☺️
Yes, I have for Storie Str .I took the eligibility test and it was positive, but I won't get an aswer until I get my unconditional offer
I see that your offer is unconditional, so you 'll get the answer sooner
Ive got my accommodation sorted! I’m so excited, hope to see you there☺️ It’ll be good to be familiar with somebody
Perfect! We 'll keep in touch! You know, many applicants haven't received their answers yet . We will have the chance to meet more people in July and August. I checked "campus society" and I saw that most people started posting in those 2 months
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 28
Name: Martha Chalmers
Course: Filmmaking and Screenwriting

I have an unconditional and have accepted an offer of accomodation for the ayr campus. I was hoping to find someone else that has been accepted before moving down there.
Hi I applied to Filmmaking and Screenwriting and accomodation too! My offer is conditional only because I still have to do my proof of English qualifications, but I'm taking the IELTS in the beggining of June. Name: Catarina CarrilhoLocation: LisbonCourse: Filmmaking and Screenwriting
Hi Catarina, I am Eirini from Greece. I will study social work and I 'll be in Paisley campus. Will you be in Paisley too?
Hi Eirini! I'm going to Ayr campus! They're close though!
Did you go to an open day or to Scotland in general?
I have not. It will be a big change compared to the mediterranean countries we come from. I wonder how long it will take to get used to the scottish accent.
Original post by Eirini Kakari
Did you go to an open day or to Scotland in general?
I have not. It will be a big change compared to the mediterranean countries we come from. I wonder how long it will take to get used to the scottish accent.

I did visit Scotland, I visited some unis, including UWS in October last year. You're right, the culture is quite different from southern Europe, but people were very nice and approachable. The scottish accent is indeed a bit hard to understand, but I'm sure we'll adapt after a while.
I am optimistic too. Best of luck with the IELTS exam
Thank you! Best of luck with your move! Maybe we'll meet at some point, Ayr is just 30 minutes away from Glasgow.
Reply 36
Hi anyone else applied for digital art year 3, or anyone already studying digital art and know if the course is any good?
Original post by MJC25
Name: Martha Chalmers
Course: Filmmaking and Screenwriting

I have an unconditional and have accepted an offer of accomodation for the ayr campus. I was hoping to find someone else that has been accepted before moving down there.

I’ve also accepted an unconditional for the same course and got my accommodation !!!
Name:biggrin:arleen
Course: Mental Health
Predicted grades:AAA
Also applying at: Cali

UWS Lanarkshire is now my confirmed choice of uni :h:
Original post by CatCarrilho
Thank you! Best of luck with your move! Maybe we'll meet at some point, Ayr is just 30 minutes away from Glasgow.

Hey Cat! I'll be doing the same course and I've been already accepted! How did your IELTS go?

Quick Reply

Latest