The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for an apprenticeship?

I am planning to go university in Sept 2018 and I want to become an apprentice this year but a lot of these apprenticeships end in October 2018 which overlaps..
I think I have gone about this too late, I should've started looking around August :frown:
What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by 545174
I am planning to go university in Sept 2018 and I want to become an apprentice this year but a lot of these apprenticeships end in October 2018 which overlaps..
I think I have gone about this too late, I should've started looking around August :frown:
What should I do?

You could take an apprenticeship and leave before the end - but that's wasting a whole year, as you won't get the qualification.
You could postpone your decision to go to uni.
You could find something else to do in your gap year.
You can ask the employer.
Original post by 545174
What should I do?

Hi there,

Apprenticeships are available all year round! However some can take 3-6 months to start.

If you use this link below you can search through thousands of live vacancies and alter the results to your preferences, level, type, area etc. You may also need to looked at the closing date too.

https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

Hope this helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending