The Student Room Group

Dropping my accounting course advice

I'm currently studying the AAT Accounting level 2 online, I have just taken my second exam which I had to resit and didn't pass. I'm thinking of dropping the class and just teaching myself as I enjoy accounting but the teacher I currently have is not too great and the resit cost is expensive. I would look for another course but I think it's too late as I'm hoping to start an apprenticeship in September. Im currently applying for apprenticeships and wondering if I should include that i started the level 2 or not. I want them to know I have some experience and interest in accounting but also does it look bad that I didn't finish it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Lostfishh
I'm currently studying the AAT Accounting level 2 online, I have just taken my second exam which I had to resit and didn't pass. I'm thinking of dropping the class and just teaching myself as I enjoy accounting but the teacher I currently have is not too great and the resit cost is expensive. I would look for another course but I think it's too late as I'm hoping to start an apprenticeship in September. Im currently applying for apprenticeships and wondering if I should include that i started the level 2 or not. I want them to know I have some experience and interest in accounting but also does it look bad that I didn't finish it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any apprenticeship provider will ask you to complete a skills scan prior to you onboarding. If you grade yourself too high, the funding will not be available. If you are familiar with the subject it might be better for you to start Level 3 apprenticeship - from what you are saying, there might not be sufficient funding in it for Level 2.

If you are doing Certificate in Bookkeeping it means that you have already achieved 50% of your aim. Passing that remaining exam under your own steam would be your best option. If, on the other hand, you are referring to the Certificate in Accounting - you are 1/4 way there and, self scoring low, you might still qualify for funding for Level 2.

You do need to be realistic about the reasons why you are not passing that exam (you cleared the first one!!!). There is a pool of hundreds and hundreds of questions for each of the AAT units on the market - I always tell my students that they shouldn't be sitting an exam without getting at least 90% on all the mocks/workbooks.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I wish you all the best 😊.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending