Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Science question help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The rate of photosynthesis in the pondweed is affected by light intensity.
    Describe a method you could use to investigate this.
    You should include:
     what you would measure
     variables you would control.

[6 marks]

ReputationRep:
    Have you done this practical in class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry.Y)
    You should include:
     what you would measure

[6 marks]
    Ill give a couple quick tips for you to branch from:
    in photosynthesis oxygen is created. (you can use leaf cuttings with the air pulled out of them and put that in CO2 rich water) then set up numerous ones of these with different light intensities to see if the questions is right.

ReputationRep:
    Measure the distance between the pondweed beaker and the lamp. Keep size of pondweed, temperature, and volume of water used the same for each test. To work out the rate of each test, count how many Oxygen (o2) bubbles are given off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
    Have you done this practical in class?
    Yes, just want to know how to get this question for full marks

ReputationRep:
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 20.02.28.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  95.3 KBAttachment 692048692050
    You should include:
     what you would measure

[6 marks]
    Hey, I have attaced a pic(hope it's clear) that will give a detailed answer for your question.
    You have to measure the temperature to make sure its constant, the number of bubbles formed is also counted to relate to the level of photosynthesis.
    Temperature remains constant, while the distance between the lamp and pondweed is controlled.
    Hope this helps..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thachi3)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 20.02.28.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  95.3 KBAttachment 692048692050

Hey, I have attaced a pic(hope it's clear) that will give a detailed answer for your question.
    You have to measure the temperature to make sure its constant, the number of bubbles formed is also counted to relate to the level of photosynthesis.
    Temperature remains constant, while the distance between the lamp and pondweed is controlled.
    Hope this helps..
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    How much will i get if I answer this to the question?

"Place a weed in a test tube. You can keep the temperature constant by water bath and to measure using a thermometer. To keep the test fair, place the pond weed in boiling tube with same volume of water. Change the light intensity by moving the lamp so as to alter the distance between lamp and pondweed. Count the amount of bubbles for exactly one minute and no longer, to keep the test fair. Do each experiment 3 times and take an average to spot anomalies easily."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Hawk)
    Well this thread isn't gonna award me with some rep for a witty comment! I'm 'outta' here! *Sprints off frantically in search of another thread*
    So actually you used this website because you wanna get rep from someone and show off?

TBH I think this site is for helping people, the rep is just to motivate you to help people. And gaining rep is to show how helpful you are, but not how cool you are

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    How much will i get if I answer this to the question?

"Place a weed in a test tube. You can keep the temperature constant by water bath and to measure using a thermometer. To keep the test fair, place the pond weed in boiling tube with same volume of water. Change the light intensity by moving the lamp so as to alter the distance between lamp and pondweed. Count the amount of bubbles for exactly one minute and no longer, to keep the test fair. Do each experiment 3 times and take an average to spot anomalies easily."
    I suppose that's enough for GCSE's cuz according to the mark scheme this is enough. But, I always try to write extra so I advixe you to do so, then even if one point is not right there is always another with which you can score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thachi3)
    I suppose that's enough for GCSE's cuz according to the mark scheme this is enough. But, I always try to write extra so I advixe you to do so, then even if one point is not right there is always another with which you can score
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot
    Welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.