The Student Room Group

Thinking to quit my teacher training to work full time

Hi
I am thinking to quit my teacher training to work full time. My daily life is getting worse. I can’t apply for a maintenance loan ( EU student but with brexit now I need 5 years residency) and having a second job is wiping me out. I am doing a school direct and I am currently teaching 75%, need to add the assignments to do I can barely sleep between all of it. I am struggling with money I have used all my savings. So I reached the point where I think my only option is to give up my training to work full time. It’s heartbreaking for me but I don’t know what to do and my mood is getting darker every day which doesn’t make me a good teacher anymore
Reply 1
With your schedule that full I would find full-time employment. If you want to come back to teaching in a few years, do that but make sure you save up money to do so. If you still want to work with students once you work full-time, try volunteering.
I'm confused. The trainees in my school have only just arrived and are observing this week for a mere 3 days, 4 days next week then full time. Even when I did School Direct, my timetable for term 1 was something like 9 hours a week of which some of those were team teaching. It is hard, but now in my NQT year, things get much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending