The Student Room Group

Is grade 5 a bad grade?

i wanted to study pharmacy in the future but i got a grade 5 for maths, is it impossible for me to get into pharmacy? Is a grade 5 a bad grade? Should i retake maths? and would having a grade 5 lower my chances of getting a good grade in alevel.
Sorry for having too many questions, im really worried. Btw i got B's in my sciences.
I got grade 4 in maths and I'm sooo upset about it!!! I know how you feel...
i got exact same as you bud , i did a couple math tests in chemistry my teacher agrees that i'm better than my gcse grade , just retake it bud and enjoy the other subjects
Grade 5 is barely a pass, :s-smilie:. It all really depends on where your studying Pharmacy. Try researching
"Is it a bad grade?"
Not necessarily, depends on what your target grades were, and if you achieved them. As far as i'm concerned, it's an average grade.

"Is it possible to get into pharmacy?"
You should check university entry requirements. Most of them require chemistry, with biology recommended. And to do these subjects at a-level, you will need 6 in maths, and BB for science depending on your college/sixth form.
You should be ashamed of it... For real though, it's a pass, don't put the pressure and extra workload on yourself. As long as you do good in A levels it probably won't have any negative effects. The chances of you getting a good grade in your A levels depends on you, not your previous results, but it may reduce your predicted grades.
Reply 6
Original post by Wehrmacht
"Is it a bad grade?"
Not necessarily, depends on what your target grades were, and if you achieved them. As far as i'm concerned, it's an average grade.

"Is it possible to get into pharmacy?"
You should check university entry requirements. Most of them require chemistry, with biology recommended. And to do these subjects at a-level, you will need 6 in maths, and BB for science depending on your college/sixth form.

I do the subjects i want for alevels is just that im worried i wont get into pharmacy with a grade 5 in Maths.
Reply 7
Original post by Shabby33
Grade 5 is barely a pass, :s-smilie:. It all really depends on where your studying Pharmacy. Try researching

Its a low B
Grade 5 is kinda an average grade, around a high C.
what is wrong with you
According to the government they say grade 4 is a pass and grade 5 is a strong pass
Reply 11
did u do higher tho?

Quick Reply

Latest