The Student Room Group

How will Cambridge view GCSE grade 9? Is a grade 8 still an A*?

How will Cambridge view GCSE grade 9? Is a grade 8 still an A*?
I think Cambridge will stop thinking in terms of A*s and an 8 will just be known as an 8.
Reply 2
Original post by JammieDodger27
I think Cambridge will stop thinking in terms of A*s and an 8 will just be known as an 8.

How can you justify that?
Original post by Glanviator
How can you justify that?

I can't, just using a bit of common sense. If all applicants have 7s, 8s and 9s then why would you try to convert the three different grades into 2 grades. You would just remove accuracy and be clinging to traditions.
Reply 4
I can't, just using a bit of common sense. If all applicants have 7s, 8s and 9s then why would you try to convert the three different grades into 2 grades. You would just remove accuracy and be clinging to traditions.

Its actually very simply. 7 is an A grade. 8 is the lower end of the A* grade. 9 is the top end of the A* grade. Simple. Ofqual stated this clearly.
Original post by Glanviator
Its actually very simply. 7 is an A grade. 8 is the lower end of the A* grade. 9 is the top end of the A* grade. Simple. Ofqual stated this clearly.

An 8 is a high A or a low A*.

But if you're gonna answer the thread yourself, don't bother making the thread in the first place.
Reply 6
An 8 is a high A or a low A*.

But if you're gonna answer the thread yourself, don't bother making the thread in the first place.

I said how are Cambridge going to view them. Not myself nor anyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending