The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone! I got an unconditional offer for human biology. Has anyone picked their accommodation yet? So excited to meet everyone!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hi there Name: MateoLocation: SingaporeCourse: geologyPredicted grades: ?? (French system)Also applying at: Swansea, EAU, Portsmouth, but chose Plymouth as my firm choice :smile:Which accommodation did you apply for? See you in September!
Original post by mateo pierre
Hi there Name: MateoLocation: SingaporeCourse: geologyPredicted grades: ?? (French system)Also applying at: Swansea, EAU, Portsmouth, but chose Plymouth as my firm choice :smile:Which accommodation did you apply for? See you in September!

Awesome I love Singapore! I’m staying at Beckley Point, what about you?
Original post by Vikt0rija
Awesome I love Singapore! I’m staying at Beckley Point, what about you?

Hi, I am still in Singapore, I will arrrive in september, i am really loking forward starting there! I applied at francis drake, Radnor, discovery heights, do you know them? Btw what do you think, is Plymouth nice to live in? Thanks
Hi, I am still in Singapore, I will arrrive in september, i am really loking forward starting there! I applied at francis drake, Radnor, discovery heights, do you know them? Btw what do you think, is Plymouth nice to live in? Thanks

That’s awesome, my friend is from Singapore I went there a year ago discovery is nice, I stayed in Radnor for a week for a business week before, it’s quite plain but gets the job done! I like Plymouth cause you’re by the sea, right in the middle of the city so lots of shopping and places to eat. Just make sure you dress warm cause the weather is nothing like it! I’m looking to go back to Singapore for couple of weeks before uni!
(edited 6 years ago)
That’s awesome, my friend is from Singapore I went there a year ago discovery is nice, I stayed in Radnor for a week for a business week before, it’s quite plane but gets the job done! I like Plymouth cause you’re by the sea, right in the middle of the city so lots of shopping and places to eat. Just make sure you dress warm cause the weather is nothing like it! I’m looking to go back to Singapore for couple of weeks before uni!

Great, thanks for the info! I wont forget my coat... I will be in S'pore till july then back to France before starting uni, let me know when you come!
Reply 26
Original post by Plymouth University
That's great news about your unconditional offer, congratulations! :congrats:

If anyone has any questions about the University or Plymouth in general, please feel free to ask! I have spent the last four years at Plymouth, studying for my undergraduate degree and masters.

Alice

Plym Uni Student Rep

Original post by alexwiese
Name: Alex
Course: Maritime Business and Maritime Law
Predicted grades: ABB
Also applying at: Southampton, Dundee, RAC and Southampton Solent

Was given an conditional offer but during the Christmas holidays received a letter saying it had been changed to an unconditional one, so i'll be going here :smile:

Samee
Original post by anonxo
Samee

What are you going to study?
Great, thanks for the info! I wont forget my coat... I will be in S'pore till july then back to France before starting uni, let me know when you come!

Of course! I think you’ll love it, great experience.
Name: Tom
Course: Navigation and Maritime Science / International Supply Chain and Shipping Management
Predicted Grades: I’m a “mature” Student technically (I’m 24), so already have BCC and a FdSc in Marine Operations graded Distinction.
Also applied to LJMU and Southampton Solent.
Reply 30
What are you going to study?

Law and Criminology
Original post by anonxo
Law and Criminology

Awesome! See you at Plymouth!

That's great to hear that you have made Plymouth your firm choice! I lived in Francis Drake in my first year at Plymouth and I absolutely loved it. I have seen inside Francis Drake, Radnor and Discovery Heights, and I can tell you that they are all pretty similar when it comes to the rooms. All of these halls are very close to campus, Francis Drake is directly on campus, but Radnor and Discovery Heights are only across the road.

I have spent the last four years studying in Plymouth and I think it's a great city to live in. The Uni is ideally placed right in the heart of the city, across the road from the main shopping centre and there is so much to see and do. On a sunny day there's nothing better than being able to head down to the seafront or to the harbour.

Feel free to ask me more about the University and the city!

Alice :smile:

Plym Uni Student Rep
Hello everyone! I got an unconditional offer for human biology. Has anyone picked their accommodation yet? So excited to meet everyone!

Congratulations on your unconditional offer! :dance:

Alice

Plym Uni Student Rep
Congratulations on your unconditional offer! :dance:

Alice

Plym Uni Student Rep

Thank you !! Super excited!
Reply 35
Name: Ryan
Course: Nutriton, exercise and health
Predicted grades: currently doing a foundation so not too sure

Anyone applying to halls I’m currently at Plymouth but not in the uni and the best halls I’ve heard is either Astor house or Radnor, both supposed to be some of the best socially and nice to live in. Wanting to do halls myself next year because I’m in housing now but people have told me they’re the top two to choose from😄
That's great to hear that you have made Plymouth your firm choice! I lived in Francis Drake in my first year at Plymouth and I absolutely loved it. I have seen inside Francis Drake, Radnor and Discovery Heights, and I can tell you that they are all pretty similar when it comes to the rooms. All of these halls are very close to campus, Francis Drake is directly on campus, but Radnor and Discovery Heights are only across the road.

I have spent the last four years studying in Plymouth and I think it's a great city to live in. The Uni is ideally placed right in the heart of the city, across the road from the main shopping centre and there is so much to see and do. On a sunny day there's nothing better than being able to head down to the seafront or to the harbour.

Feel free to ask me more about the University and the city!

Alice :smile:

Plym Uni Student Rep

Great, thank you very much Alice, as I cannot come for an open day or a visit, it is precious to get information from someone who is there!
Name : Bill
Course : Bsc geography
Predicted grades : BBB
Also applied at : My offer was unconditional and I have put it as my firm option.

Hi I just wanted to get to know people going to Plymouth in September and people who are on my course.

I was wondering if people have applied for accommodation and what accommodation you have applied for as I've heard that Astor house and discovery heights are good (my first two options)
Original post by Bill08082000
Name : Bill
Course : Bsc geography
Predicted grades : BBB
Also applied at : My offer was unconditional and I have put it as my firm option.

Hi I just wanted to get to know people going to Plymouth in September and people who are on my course.

I was wondering if people have applied for accommodation and what accommodation you have applied for as I've heard that Astor house and discovery heights are good (my first two options)

Hey! I start Plymouth in September. I booked my accommodation with Beckley Point. I’m so excited :-D
Reply 39
Name: Alice
Course: Illustration
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applied at: Falmouth, Northampton, AUB, Southampton Solent

Received a conditional offer and I think I may make Plymouth my firm choice. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending