- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep

Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Name: Millie
Course: Environmental Science
Predicted grades: BBB
Also applying at: I had applied to Portsmouth, Kingston, Brighton and Bangor (for a different course) but I have since accepted an unconditional place at Plymouth.

My first reply from the Uni was conditional, but I received a letter after the UCAS deadline from the head of the department saying that they would make it unconditional once I had accepted my offer. I have done this but nothing has changed on my UCAS. Has anyone else had this or do I just need to wait longer?
Original post by AtomicPlaty
Also applying at: I had applied to Portsmouth, Kingston, Brighton and Bangor (for a different course) but I have since accepted an unconditional place at Plymouth.

My first reply from the Uni was conditional, but I received a letter after the UCAS deadline from the head of the department saying that they would make it unconditional once I had accepted my offer. I have done this but nothing has changed on my UCAS. Has anyone else had this or do I just need to wait longer?

Hi AtomicPlaty,

If you ring our admission line, they can help you with this! :smile: The number is: +44 1752 585858

Original post by AtomicPlaty

Same happened to me just took a few weeks to update.
Annie.
Devon.
MA in Social Work.
Already have a 2:2 in early childhood studies. Hoping to apply for a 2019 entry at Plymouth this autumn. Have a previous GCSE tutor from a view years ago as a reference and also current employer. All my degree lecturers I haven’t spoken to in about 7 years, so don’t feel I can ask them.
Anyone know whether I should apply this early (may/June 2018) or wait until autumn? Also how soon do they ask for references? Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Name: Molly
Course: LLB Law
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Exeter
Reply 86
Name: Kris
Course: Navigation and Maritime Science
Predicted grades: CCD
Also applying at: only Plymouth
Hello guys I wish that everything is going well with your exams! I’ve got a conditional offer for Dentistry, from Plymouth. My offer is Due to A for Biology, A for Chemistry, and A in an further subject. I am an international student and I wanted to ask that achieving A in A level Persian(my first language), can it be considered as the third subject? So that I wouldn’t bother myself with math.
Really appreciate if somebody could clarify this to me.
Wish yall the best!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Daniortall
Hello guys I wish that everything is going well with your exams! I’ve got a conditional offer for Dentistry, from Plymouth. My offer is Due to A for Biology, A for Chemistry, and A in an further subject. I am an international student and I wanted to ask that achieving A in A level Persian(my first language), can it be considered as the third subject? So that I wouldn’t bother myself with math.
Wish yall the best!

I would check with the uni and see what conditions you have to meet, if it’s just a question of Points then getting an A in any subject would suffice, but if they expect you to achieve in certain subjects (science for dentistry I assume) then it may be different
Name: Ellie
Course: Film and TV Production
Predicted grades: BCC
Also applying at: Brighton is my insurance choice (and I declined DMU, Lincoln and Bournemouth)
(112 UCAS requirement)

Original post by tedious
Name: Alice

Another person from Wiltshire! Ah, we're growing in number 😂
Name: Connor
Course: Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies
Predicted grades: CBB
Also applying at: Bristol, Exeter

Plymouth was my first choice and I received an unconditional offer so this is where i'm heading in September! :smile:
Original post by Annierosered
Annie.
Devon.
MA in Social Work.
Already have a 2:2 in early childhood studies. Hoping to apply for a 2019 entry at Plymouth this autumn. Have a previous GCSE tutor from a view years ago as a reference and also current employer. All my degree lecturers I haven’t spoken to in about 7 years, so don’t feel I can ask them.
Anyone know whether I should apply this early (may/June 2018) or wait until autumn? Also how soon do they ask for references? Thanks.

Hi Annierosered,

These are really good questions - our admissions team will be able to help you with this :smile: Our number is 01752 585858.

Original post by SeikoShinohara
Name: Molly
Course: LLB Law
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Exeter

Exciting! Good luck!

Original post by BigKris
Name: Kris
Course: Navigation and Maritime Science
Predicted grades: CCD
Also applying at: only Plymouth

Hi Kris,

I know a few people who studied this - it's such an interesting course (pun not intended) - good luck!

Original post by Daniortall
Wish yall the best!

Hi Daniortall,

You are best off ringing our admissions line at 01752 585858. They can help with this sort of query! Good luck :smile:

Original post by blinksdialtones
Name: Ellie
Course: Film and TV Production
Predicted grades: BCC
Also applying at: Brighton is my insurance choice (and I declined DMU, Lincoln and Bournemouth)
(112 UCAS requirement)

Another person from Wiltshire! Ah, we're growing in number 😂

Good luck to both of you! :smile:

Original post by CGrundy321
Name: Connor
Course: Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies
Predicted grades: CBB
Also applying at: Bristol, Exeter

Plymouth was my first choice and I received an unconditional offer so this is where i'm heading in September! :smile:

Fab news - congratulations!

Spoiler

An international student :P

I was at Newcastle University in 2014/2015, dropped out in the end of the first year.

Unconditional offer.

Name: Alihan
Course: Computing & Games Development
Also applied at: Accepted my place at Northbrook MET (Games Development) had to refuse due to insufficient applications.
Name: Becca
Studying for the GAMSAT test
Aspiring to get into medicine at Plymouth University
If anyone else studying for the GAMSAT and would like a friendly study partner. Message me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending