Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Re: Personal statement for English Literature and Philosophy joint honours Help!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm writing my personal statement for English lit and philosophy. Do you have any tips from writing yours?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane2)
    Hello, I'm writing my personal statement for English lit and philosophy. Do you have any tips from writing yours?
    Tell me what you want to do your degree for? what is the purpose of you studying English and Philosophy? Why do you intend on doing this degree?

ReputationRep:
    Umm I'm not sure i have a purpose for it atm. I'm happy to leave it open and decide later on. I enjoy both subjects at ALevel so thought it would be a good degree
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Tell me what you want to do your degree for? what is the purpose of you studying English and Philosophy? Why do you intend on doing this degree?
    Umm I'm not sure i have a purpose for it atm. I'm happy to leave it open and decide later on. I enjoy both subjects at ALevel so thought it would be a good degree
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane2)
    If you want to have a fab personal statement you need to be 100% committed to your course. You can still do a lot with a good personal statement, and a lot of universities will let you in as a consequence, but if you're aiming high then as much of your PS as possible should be related to the course you want to study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.