The Student Room Group

My grow your grades blog 🌟🌟

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Third and potentially final update of day 1!

So today I focused in the end on finishing my Tudor Source Essay. I'd originally planned to do biology revision as well as I have a test at the end of next week, but I ended up prioritising History as the essay is in much earlier. I've just got to check it and then I can focus on biology.

Tomorrow I have a busy day with hardly any studies and so my work tomorrow evening will be focused mainly on revising Biology as well as doing any homework I get tomorrow.

Thank you all for your nice comments! x
Reply 21
Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting in so long but I'd been relaxing mainly for a few days after a manic half term.

I've managed to finish all of my psychology work which is fab and I'm currently working on my essay to be submitted to Oxford. It's going pretty well which is good.

My most exciting news to update you on is that I got an unconditional offer from Birmingham to study History! This is exactly what I wanted which is great! It's unconditional if it's my firm choice and AAB with an A in history if it's my insurance choice.

I need to prepare more (not that you can prepare much!) for my HAT test next week. I'm really nervous about this, especially because it's really hard to know how it's gone and I find them difficult. But to be fair they are supposed to be hard. All I can do is my best but it's still stressful.

Hopefully I can get some more work done in the next few days.
Original post by Lunabasil
Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting in so long but I'd been relaxing mainly for a few days after a manic half term.

I've managed to finish all of my psychology work which is fab and I'm currently working on my essay to be submitted to Oxford. It's going pretty well which is good.

My most exciting news to update you on is that I got an unconditional offer from Birmingham to study History! This is exactly what I wanted which is great! It's unconditional if it's my firm choice and AAB with an A in history if it's my insurance choice.

I need to prepare more (not that you can prepare much!) for my HAT test next week. I'm really nervous about this, especially because it's really hard to know how it's gone and I find them difficult. But to be fair they are supposed to be hard. All I can do is my best but it's still stressful.

Hopefully I can get some more work done in the next few days.

Oh my god!!! WELL DONE!! Unconditional from Birmingham is AMAZING :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Elle1718
Oh my god!!! WELL DONE!! Unconditional from Birmingham is AMAZING :biggrin:

Thank you so much!! :bigsmile:
Reply 24
Another update!

It feels like I've mainly spent today baking as my grandparents are visiting over the weekend! I've done much less work today than I'd have liked but I've done about an hours work on my history essay to be submitted to Oxford. It needs quite a lot of tweaking until I'm happy with it but it's going quite well. Hopefully I can finish this draft tomorrow morning and email it to my really helpful teacher to be checked.

I also got another offer today! Two days in a row! This time it was from Warwick for AAA. :smile:
So now I've got offers from
1) Exeter (A*AA)
2) Warwick (AAA)
3) Birmingham (AAB or unconditional).

Hooray! I hope everyone else's offers are starting to come through and feel free to ask any questions if you have any!
Reply 25
p.s. I'm starting to stress about which ones I want to put as my firm and insurance even though I don't have to decide until April/May :colondollar::tongue:
Original post by lunabasil
hi everyone! Sorry for not posting in so long but i'd been relaxing mainly for a few days after a manic half term.

I've managed to finish all of my psychology work which is fab and i'm currently working on my essay to be submitted to oxford. It's going pretty well which is good.

My most exciting news to update you on is that i got an unconditional offer from birmingham to study history! This is exactly what i wanted which is great! It's unconditional if it's my firm choice and aab with an a in history if it's my insurance choice.

I need to prepare more (not that you can prepare much!) for my hat test next week. I'm really nervous about this, especially because it's really hard to know how it's gone and i find them difficult. But to be fair they are supposed to be hard. All i can do is my best but it's still stressful.

Hopefully i can get some more work done in the next few days.

yayyayyayyayay so proud of you well done!!!!!!!!!! :d
Reply 27
Original post by A.N123
yayyayyayyayay so proud of you well done!!!!!!!!!! :d

Thank you so much!!!!
Reply 28
Hi everyone!

This is the first post in a few days because I've been focusing on preparing for the HAT test as much as possible and trying to get myself in a positive mind about it.

This evening I'm going to go over potential examples for question 2 as this is something I've struggled with in past papers!

Hope everyone elses half term/first week back at school is going well and good luck for anyone taking admissions tests tomorrow for Oxford or Cambridge! Good luck to any fellow HAT test takers!
Reply 29
Not sure if anyone is still reading this but I'm going to keep going to keep myself motivated!

I did my HAT test today and I was very stressed beforehand! I also find it really hard to tell how I've done! In practices I've found a paper went really badly and then done really well but I've also found a paper went really badly and it did, so I'm really bad at telling! I found the paper today pretty good in comparison to all of the previous papers I've done. This means I've got no clue how well it went! I'm just glad its over!
Haha dont worry, im still following your gyg! I bet you ďid well in the HAT test! Xxx:biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by A.N123
Haha dont worry, im still following your gyg! I bet you ďid well in the HAT test! Xxx:biggrin:

Thank you! I hope it did go well, though I'm really bad at telling how well previous past papers have gone so we'll see how it goes. Even if it don't get an interview then I'm still going to request my HAT test results in January because I really want to know how it went.
Original post by Lunabasil
Thank you! I hope it did go well, though I'm really bad at telling how well previous past papers have gone so we'll see how it goes. Even if it don't get an interview then I'm still going to request my HAT test results in January because I really want to know how it went.

Im sure you'll get an interview and even if you dont your still a history genius to me!.:biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by A.N123
Im sure you'll get an interview and even if you dont your still a history genius to me!.:biggrin:

Thanks 🎉😂
Reply 34
Update for the 4th November!

Today was the first day of work after my HAT test! I spent the morning writing a history essay and spent the afternoon practicing my driving as I’ve got my driving test coming up soon! I’m now reading a book on Edward I and the forging of Britain by Marc Morris. If anyone else has read it or is reading it too then message me as I’m really keen to discuss it with someone!

Hope everyone else’s work is going wel!
Reply 35
Hi everyone!

I've had a really productive day today so I'm super happy!

So I spent this morning reading and making notes on the first two chapters and the preface of the Edward I book by Marc Morris. So far I'm not a big fan of his historical writing style as he seems just list historical events with little analysis. It's a really interesting period of history though so I'm glad I'm reading it. It's quite a long read though!

I then did quite a lot of admin and emailed the teachers I needed to about work.

I spent this afternoon writing a history essay on Louis XIV, it's not quite finished yet but I've made lots of progress.

I feel quite positive at the moment which is fab. I go back to school tomorrow after half term and I need to get my cover sheet done for my history essay to be submitted to Oxford and then send it off asap! After that university wise it's just prepping for an interview if I'm lucky enough to get one.

Offers wise I'm not expecting any more offers or rejections until January as I'm only waiting to hear from Durham and Oxford. I should hear from Oxford about interviews or not in the next free weeks.

Hopefully all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending