The Student Room Group

Starting an A-Level Blog

Hello! I am current in the First Year of my A levels at NatMatSci and I thought making a blog will help me focus more and document my studies so here I am. I am a 15 year old from Spain and I want to study Mathematics at Cambridge. I am taking Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Chemistry and am predicted A*A*AA but my chemistry grade will probably be A* again soon. I got four 7’s, five 6’s and a 5 in my last year of MYP (out of 7). So yeah hopefully someone will read this 🫶
Do you want this moving to Grow your Grades?
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you want this moving to Grow your Grades?
What do you think? Because I thought about it but at the same time I feel like its more about keeping up than actually growing my grades? Although I want to bump everything up to A* so whatever feels appropriate
Original post by Evaristo
What do you think? Because I thought about it but at the same time I feel like its more about keeping up than actually growing my grades? Although I want to bump everything up to A* so whatever feels appropriate
Grow your Grades is more about documenting your academic, rather than just improving your grades. I think it is more to give it a catchy name rather than specifically just growing your grades.

I can move it to GYG if you want to, but if not it can remain here.
Reply 4
Grow your Grades is more about documenting your academic, rather than just improving your grades. I think it is more to give it a catchy name rather than specifically just growing your grades.
I can move it to GYG if you want to, but if not it can remain here.
Okay okay. you can move it then hahahaha
Reply 6
Moved to Grow your Grades :biggrin:
thanks!!
gl with your revision! looking forward to seeing your posts :smile: i take maths and chem too!
Reply 8
Original post by azure000
gl with your revision! looking forward to seeing your posts :smile: i take maths and chem too!

thank you, good luck to you too! how are you finding them?
thank you, good luck to you too! how are you finding them?

great thanks, i've been looking forward to being able to study my favs in depth and narrow down from gcses so finding it really fun

wbu? got any degrees or careers in mind?

are u new to tsr? i really recommend seeing all the other blogs in the gyg forum, super motivating and cool
Reply 10
great thanks, i've been looking forward to being able to study my favs in depth and narrow down from gcses so finding it really fun
wbu? got any degrees or careers in mind?
are u new to tsr? i really recommend seeing all the other blogs in the gyg forum, super motivating and cool

yh im kinda new here hahahaha. i want to study maths and maybe research it? :smile:
yh im kinda new here hahahaha. i want to study maths and maybe research it? :smile:

that's super cool! research is something that i wanna do too (zero chance i'm researching maths tho :wink:, will stick to my medical sciences)

sorry just realised you mentioned cambridge lololol 0 comprehension skills, have u started with entrance prep yet? step or something? sorry, not too familiar with the procedure for maths ;-;
Reply 12
that's super cool! research is something that i wanna do too (zero chance i'm researching maths tho :wink:, will stick to my medical sciences)
sorry just realised you mentioned cambridge lololol 0 comprehension skills, have u started with entrance prep yet? step or something? sorry, not too familiar with the procedure for maths ;-;

I meann I started a little bit? I did like 3 STEP I past papers and I should probably get on w that but at the same time... its for the end of next year so idk hhhahahhaha. Medical sciences sounds cool! What do you want to apply for? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending