The Student Room Group

revision help

Hi, i have my GCSE's this year and i have mock exams next month. I want to start preparing for my mocks ALSO for my GCSE's ( i know they're really far away i don't want to leave things until its too late and start making flashcards then loll) I have made a revision timetable for how I am going to study, but I'm still struggling on where to start . I've made a folder with dividers for each subject, so i can put my notes in there. And I'm going to make flashcards for each subject cause they're super helpful for me. But i don't know how to set out notes cause there are so many topics in so many subjects. I'm honestly finding it so difficult to start and very nervous. I'm new to this account and hopefully i can get some good tips and advice. I hope this makes sense. thanks :smile:
Hi!

For my GCSEs, I picked out key points from the textbook and made notes based on subject. While revising from these notes, I would add in any class notes from school, and bullet point where the marks were in easy 3-4 markers that tend to reappear in papers, such as kidney dialysis processes, or what are the properties of electromagnetic waves. I appreciate that you may be doing the new spec, in which case past papers may not be as relevant, but they're still the most useful tool you've got. Use them! Physics and Maths tutor (google it) is an excellent resource, with past papers going back to before I was born. Although the style of question changes, the content remains the same.

What a lot of my friends have done, is type up their notes on their computer because it's easier to edit in class notes etc. I did mine on paper, then cellotaped another piece of paper on the end to make it like a flap, so that I could test myself, and easily add in notes too.

As your exams are this year, I'd advise you to finish making notes by April, even if that means going ahead in the textbook. This way, you leave plenty of time to do past papers and familiarise yourself with different styles of questions well before your exam.

If you need more topic-specific revision tips, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest