The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

How is the social life and the Mchem like?

I'm deciding to choose the Mchem in either St Andrews or Bath.

I'm choosing between either St Andrews or Bath and want to know any relevant information that would help me decide between the two

I've looked in the course modules and they're pretty much the same and more focused on the lift outside of the university/location and what you could do.

Any help would be much appreciated
Hi! It's great to hear you're considering Bath.

Although I am not from the MChem course, I hope that I can answer you in regard to life at Bath University.

Bath is an incredible city. It's full of culture and there's so many interesting things to do. Although the novelty will definitely wear off every now and again, there's nothing quite like queuing up for the uni bus right next to Bath Abbey, or browsing the Christmas Markets after lectures in the winter! There's loads of independent bars, restaurants and shops which you won't find elsewhere, alongside the usual favourites - I'm almost entirely convinced that Bath has the best branch of Be At One!

If you like being outdoors; there's a golf course in Victoria Park (near Royal Crescent), the incredibly popular 'Bath Half Marathon' each spring, rowing or punting in the river as well as walking paths to explore all of the city.

Although you wanted information about life outside of university, I have to say that my experience of Bath has been hugely shaped by life on campus. The SU has the biggest nightclub in all of Bath, as well as pints for £2.60! It's a very small, close-knit community and there is always something happening on campus. There's also a society for everything you could think of, and each has a tonne of socials every semester.

Here's a brochure made by the university which has some ideas of what to do in Bath before you graduate, maybe that'll give you some ideas as well.

Overall, campus is hugely sociable, and given that Bath is a small city, everything is a bus journey or walk away!

If you have more questions or want more detail, just quote me.

Hollie
International Development with Economics - 2nd Year
(edited 6 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest