The Student Room Group
University of York
York

2024 uni of york chemistry

Hi struggling to find people who have received chemistry 2024 uni of york offers does anyone have one :smile:
Original post by Emily2006owen
Hi struggling to find people who have received chemistry 2024 uni of york offers does anyone have one :smile:
Hi!

Congrats on your offer! If you have any questions about your course or student life/accommodation etc., feel free to drop us a message.

Hazel :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Emily2006owen

Hi, I currently have an offer for MChem with a year in industry :smile:
Original post by pmbeaum271
Hi, I currently have an offer for MChem with a year in industry :smile:

My son is just finishing this course. One of the good things about doing it at York is that you do the YII in your final year (Durham also does this) as opposed to most unis where you do the YII in the second to last year so some companies actively seek out York/Durham students as they have the extra year's lab experience plus if they keep you on at the end of your YII you can just convert from temporary to full-time staff.
Original post by Costajambo
My son is just finishing this course. One of the good things about doing it at York is that you do the YII in your final year (Durham also does this) as opposed to most unis where you do the YII in the second to last year so some companies actively seek out York/Durham students as they have the extra year's lab experience plus if they keep you on at the end of your YII you can just convert from temporary to full-time staff.

If possible would you please be able to share which company he had the placement at?
Original post by pmbeaum271
If possible would you please be able to share which company he had the placement at?

I would rather not say, sorry, but many of the unis will give examples of the companies their students go to on the course web page, and if you attend open days you will be able to see loads of examples of these companies. I remember at least 3 which had this information readily available in various guises at the open day. At York you were given a list and could select up to 8 to apply to via the uni, plus of course any you found under your own steam which were acceptable to the uni.
Original post by Costajambo
I would rather not say, sorry, but many of the unis will give examples of the companies their students go to on the course web page, and if you attend open days you will be able to see loads of examples of these companies. I remember at least 3 which had this information readily available in various guises at the open day. At York you were given a list and could select up to 8 to apply to via the uni, plus of course any you found under your own steam which were acceptable to the uni.

No worries, thank you anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending