Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for 2017/18 LSE Social policy and government applicants (and people who are already studying it). Just want to know who else is out there, what tips you have and what your grades are etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to this course on 19th Oct. Passed the initial assessment, just now waiting for hopefully an offer or a rejection.

lool smash your personal statement, only thing LSE can see from you, as there's no interviews.

In my AS, I got BB in Gov&Pol and Philosophy.

Predicted AAA in Gov&Pol, Philosophy and History.

I've applied City, QMUL, KCL, UCL and LSE.

Got 3 offers so far, just waiting for UCL and LSE

ReputationRep:
    Wow congrats on your offers!! Just realised I didn’t even add my grades. I’m on a gap year so I’ve already got A* A B C (I’m retaking the B and C subjects, for predicted A and A*. I had extenuating circumstances) I didn’t do AS, but my igcses were 9 A*s and 1 A.I also applied around that time and I’m waiting to hear back.Wishing you all the best!!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys. I'm an international applicant from India and i was also looking at Social Policy and Government. I'm currently in an Indian uni( which i'll drop if i do get to the LSE). I've converted my finals grades from last year and they meet the requirements for the social policy course. However, I'm a little unsure about this course because so few get in. I'm a little unfamiliar with the UK system and I wasn't sure if my grades and a good personal statement would be enough to get me in. What do you guys think? Should i go in for a course with a higher acceptance rate? Also, any ideas on possible careers afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I don’t think the fact that the acceptance rate is low should stop you from applying (to be honest, all courses at LSE are very competitive, so it’s best that you choose a course that actually like and not worry too much about acceptance rates). If you meet the entry requirements and have a good personal statement, you have a chance. If you like the course you should definitely apply! In addition to your grades and personal statement you’ll also need a reference (if you just started uni, maybe you can get your old school teachers to write it for you since they might know you better.)

This is what the LSE website was about careers with a social policy and government degree:
    “Our graduates have found work in a variety of industries including; politics and government, education and teaching, banking and finance, NGOs, charities and international development, as well as journalism, media and publishing, advertising marketing and PR, and accounting and auditing.”

Hope everything goes well!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.