The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017/18 social policy and government

This thread is for 2017/18 LSE Social policy and government applicants (and people who are already studying it). Just want to know who else is out there, what tips you have and what your grades are etc.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've applied to this course on 19th Oct. Passed the initial assessment, just now waiting for hopefully an offer or a rejection.

lool smash your personal statement, only thing LSE can see from you, as there's no interviews.

In my AS, I got BB in Gov&Pol and Philosophy.

Predicted AAA in Gov&Pol, Philosophy and History.

I've applied City, QMUL, KCL, UCL and LSE.

Got 3 offers so far, just waiting for UCL and LSE
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
hey guys. I'm an international applicant from India and i was also looking at Social Policy and Government. I'm currently in an Indian uni( which i'll drop if i do get to the LSE). I've converted my finals grades from last year and they meet the requirements for the social policy course. However, I'm a little unsure about this course because so few get in. I'm a little unfamiliar with the UK system and I wasn't sure if my grades and a good personal statement would be enough to get me in. What do you guys think? Should i go in for a course with a higher acceptance rate? Also, any ideas on possible careers afterwards?
Reply 3
Hey! I don’t think the fact that the acceptance rate is low should stop you from applying (to be honest, all courses at LSE are very competitive, so it’s best that you choose a course that actually like and not worry too much about acceptance rates). If you meet the entry requirements and have a good personal statement, you have a chance. If you like the course you should definitely apply! In addition to your grades and personal statement you’ll also need a reference (if you just started uni, maybe you can get your old school teachers to write it for you since they might know you better.)

This is what the LSE website was about careers with a social policy and government degree:
“Our graduates have found work in a variety of industries including; politics and government, education and teaching, banking and finance, NGOs, charities and international development, as well as journalism, media and publishing, advertising marketing and PR, and accounting and auditing.”

Hope everything goes well!!
Hey everyone!
I’ve applied for social policy at LSE, my predictions are AAA in geography, sociology and psychology:smile:

Don’t really think I’m good enough to get in but I loved the open day and thought it was worth a shot😂 but I wish everyone else the best of luck and hope to meet some of you if somehow I get in

Also,Has anyone had a response from them yet?
Reply 5
Hey You exceed the entry requirements so you definitely have a shot! I haven’t had a response yet, I’m sure they will start coming out soon. Hopefully it will be good news for everyone. Best of luck to you too
Has anyone got any offers yet?
All the best!
Reply 7
Original post by feverishfresher
Has anyone got any offers yet?
All the best!

Haven’t heard of anyone getting one yet. All the best to you too!
Original post by OVO99
Haven’t heard of anyone getting one yet. All the best to you too!

Do you know when they're most likely to give offers out, I've heard of numerous accounts from mid-Jan to March!
Reply 9
Original post by feverishfresher
Do you know when they're most likely to give offers out, I've heard of numerous accounts from mid-Jan to March!

Honestly I have no idea, but if what you heard about mid-jan is true, we could start hearing from this week I guess (hopefully good news)
Original post by OVO99
Honestly I have no idea, but if what you heard about mid-jan is true, we could start hearing from this week I guess (hopefully good news)

Yeah good luck to everyone!😊 hope you’re not all as nervous as me😂
Reply 11
Original post by MelissaPittman
Yeah good luck to everyone!😊 hope you’re not all as nervous as me😂

I am so so nervous😂😭, but yeah good luck everyone!!
Just had an offer from LSE social policy omg! Has anyone else?

Got an offer today. Social Policy with Government - AAB

The wait was agonising though, too paiiiiiiiiinful
Reply 14
@melissapittman @slydrheist I thought I already replied😭 | congrats you guys!!! That’s amazing
Original post by SlyDrHeist
Hi, I've applied to this course on 19th Oct. Passed the initial assessment, just now waiting for hopefully an offer or a rejection.

lool smash your personal statement, only thing LSE can see from you, as there's no interviews.

In my AS, I got BB in Gov&Pol and Philosophy.

Predicted AAA in Gov&Pol, Philosophy and History.

I've applied City, QMUL, KCL, UCL and LSE.

Got 3 offers so far, just waiting for UCL and LSE

I'm thinking of applying to the exact same unis - what subjects dod you apply for at each uni? :smile:

omg congrats!!!
Original post by SlyDrHeist
Got an offer today. Social Policy with Government - AAB

The wait was agonising though, too paiiiiiiiiinful

congrats!!!
Original post by anwap003.302
I'm thinking of applying to the exact same unis - what subjects dod you apply for at each uni? :smile:

LSE - Social Policy with Government
UCL - Politics, Sociology and East European Studies
Kings - European Politics
QMUL - Politics
City - Politics

They all had high acceptance rate, except LSE with 39%. You can see this on the Which? University website.

LSE - 39%
UCL - 76%
Kings - 90%
QMUL - 92%
City - 90+%

Hey what were your GCSE and AS grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending