The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017/18 social policy and government

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Siddharth 7
Hey what were your GCSE and AS grades?

Hey at GCSE I got 2Cs, 3Bs, 3As and 4A*s not the best but at AS I got an A in psychology, A in sociology and B in geography with predictions of AAA.

I’m probably proof they don’t just look at grades as I’m sure there are people who achieved more highly than I did, so if your grades aren’t all As and A*s don’t panic!
(edited 6 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Well to be honest, you took a crazy 12 GCSE subjects and your predicteds were also good. but anyways thx for the Info!
Also, When did you send in your UCAS application?
Original post by Siddharth 7
Well to be honest, you took a crazy 12 GCSE subjects and your predicteds were also good. but anyways thx for the Info!
Also, When did you send in your UCAS application?

Aha my school made me do 12 certainly wasn’t choice😂 I sent my applications mid to late November if I remember correctly and I think they replied in January they took the longest to reply out of all of my choices but I knew they would
guys omg i havent heared anything except that my application is passed to the department for further assessment.. im an international applicant btw, so no gcse grades, only predicted A levels of AAA. are they gonna reject me omggg so nervous!!!!??
BTW if we get accepted (after achieving the required a level grades ofc), are we allowed to ask for a course transfer?? im thinking of switching to Government! BUUT, min grades is higher (AAA) than Social policy/Govt (AAB)... in addition, i was thinking to deferred my entry too if i get accepted, do you think they would let meeeee??? (i didnt choose to defer my entry in UCAS since i just decide it a week ago..) Anyone knows the answer to theseee??? help me pleeeeaseee!!
Original post by rahmarrr
guys omg i havent heared anything except that my application is passed to the department for further assessment.. im an international applicant btw, so no gcse grades, only predicted A levels of AAA. are they gonna reject me omggg so nervous!!!!??
BTW if we get accepted (after achieving the required a level grades ofc), are we allowed to ask for a course transfer?? im thinking of switching to Government! BUUT, min grades is higher (AAA) than Social policy/Govt (AAB)... in addition, i was thinking to deferred my entry too if i get accepted, do you think they would let meeeee??? (i didnt choose to defer my entry in UCAS since i just decide it a week ago..) Anyone knows the answer to theseee??? help me pleeeeaseee!!

Hey wishing you the best of luck with your application! in terms of transferring course I’m not sure that is possible at LSE especially if the requirements are different as most courses fill up very quickly but if you do achieve AAA it’s definitely worth trying! Not sure about deferred entry I’m afraid but you can email them they’re usually good at responding to emails from my experience. Where else have you applied?
i applied to glasgow, edinburgh, birmingham and leeds but im going to withdraw my leeds application since im not taking math for a levels
Original post by MelissaPittman
Hey wishing you the best of luck with your application! in terms of transferring course I’m not sure that is possible at LSE especially if the requirements are different as most courses fill up very quickly but if you do achieve AAA it’s definitely worth trying! Not sure about deferred entry I’m afraid but you can email them they’re usually good at responding to emails from my experience. Where else have you applied?
Reply 26
Hey guys, so I got an offer about two hours ago !!! Applied about 20 weeks ago and was in the gathered field for about 5 weeks (maybe more). Best of luck if you haven’t heard back yet!
Original post by OVO99
Hey guys, so I got an offer about two hours ago !!! Applied about 20 weeks ago and was in the gathered field for about 5 weeks (maybe more). Best of luck if you haven’t heard back yet!

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it following such a long wait
Reply 28
Congratulations! You certainly deserve it following such a long wait

Thank you!! Have you decided where you will firm yet ?
I got an offer for Social Policy and Government!!!! The offer is AAB and I think I’ll make it my firm choice!!
Original post by OVO99
Thank you!! Have you decided where you will firm yet ?

It’s between LSE and Bath but I’m not sure yet, I’m so indecisive😂 how about you?
Reply 31
Original post by honct123
I got an offer for Social Policy and Government!!!! The offer is AAB and I think I’ll make it my firm choice!!

Congrats!!
Reply 32
It’s between LSE and Bath but I’m not sure yet, I’m so indecisive😂 how about you?

Definitely LSE for me haha, I’m sure you will be able to figure it out soon. Maybe you could visit them again or something
Reply 33
Alright lads, I got an offer for the same LSE Social Policy w/Government course too. :smile: Would be great to get to know the people who've gotten offers! I'm going to struggle between picking LSE or Warwick.
Let's just get the grades now!
Congrats man. Also its a pretty straightforward choice between LSE and Warwick imo. And btw, when did you apply?
Reply 35
Original post by sjkkx
Alright lads, I got an offer for the same LSE Social Policy w/Government course too. :smile: Would be great to get to know the people who've gotten offers! I'm going to struggle between picking LSE or Warwick.
Let's just get the grades now!

Good luck choosing haha, both are great places but I would choose LSE personally. In terms of getting to know people, could make a whatsaap group chat and share the link here or something.
Reply 36
Original post by OVO99
Good luck choosing haha, both are great places but I would choose LSE personally. In terms of getting to know people, could make a whatsaap group chat and share the link here or something.

Im down for that
Original post by sjkkx
Im down for that

yeah same I really want to get to know people before we start ( if I get the grades lol)
Reply 38
Original post by honct123
yeah same I really want to get to know people before we start ( if I get the grades lol)

PM me ; let's get this started !
Original post by sjkkx
PM me ; let's get this started !

done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending