Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've recently received notice that a sixth form that I've applied to has offered me an interview. The problem is that the interview is in school hours, at 11:20am. Luckily I don't have any mocks on that day but I'm not sure if my school would be very happy with me taking time off to go to an interview. I don't know if this is the norm with most sixth forms or do most do theirs after school or on a non-school day. Also, if the interview is in school hours do you need to pre-arrange it with your school or can you just stroll out on the day? I'm thinking of asking the college to change it but I don't know if they'd be happy doing it after school or on a non-school day.

ReputationRep:
    There's no reason why your school wouldn't authorise you to leave for a period of time in the school day to attend an interview. I'd let them know before, maybe get your parents to write a note if that's the norm for your school. They'll probably be used to it this time of year.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.