The Student Room Group

If you could live for 1,000 years, would you?

Scroll to see replies

No. I’d outlive everyone I love
No. There’s enough suffering in the 70+ years we get to experience.
Depends on in what form you’d be living , like if you didn’t physically age etc and whether anyone I loved could also live that long ... otherwise it’d be a world full of loss, heartache and being decrepit !
Reply 4
Depends on what the future holds for you. What if someone beloved to me dies and I have to mourn them for 500+ years or so? :redface:

Or what if there's a Zombie Apocalypse?

Or what if Apple shuts down completely and stops producing iPhones? :redface:

Being an aviation aficionado, what if pilots became be a thing of the past? :redface:
Reply 5
If I didn’t look my age and I aged 70 years over the 1,000 years then sure. It means I can be lazy and not feel guilty
It depends on what you mean. Do you mean I can't die at all until I hit 1000 or can't die from natural causes until then?
If It is the second one then yes I would. I could still die but I can live for up to a 1000 years without dying naturally and if I get bored or am sick of it then I will just get someone to kill me.

If it is the first one then probably not as I would always live until I hit 1000 and there would be no stopping it.
Original post by cherryred90s
No. I’d outlive everyone I love

Original post by Mac117
No. There’s enough suffering in the 70+ years we get to experience.

Original post by Supernova36
Depends on in what form you’d be living , like if you didn’t physically age etc and whether anyone I loved could also live that long ... otherwise it’d be a world full of loss, heartache and being decrepit !

Original post by Hamoody
Depends on what the future holds for you. What if someone beloved to me dies and I have to mourn them for 500+ years or so? :redface:

Being an aviation aficionado, what if pilots became be a thing of the past? :redface:

Original post by Zxyn
If I didn’t look my age and I aged 70 years over the 1,000 years then sure. It means I can be lazy and not feel guilty

Original post by VirgoStrain
If I don’t physically age then sure. I’d rather not be senile and physically eroded for 920+ years

Let's say that physically you will look as you do now but no one else can live as long as you.
lol at the people married off by their parents to the same person for 975 years.
Of course.
I wouldn't; you'd probz see the world end
Of course not. Unless, I live like Beyoncé and which I don't so
Original post by Hamoody

Good point, the risk is that things could actually become much worse, not better.

We could end up in world war three, you become a prisoner locked in a dark room for 975 years). But on the flip side, you could witness some amazing things.
Yes. You should have put a poll up. Age thing aside.
Definitely... No question about it!

It would be so incredible to see what civilisation and technology will be like in 1,000 years. That is the only real thing that makes me sad about dying is I'll never get to experience all the cool stuff that will happen. Or maybe the day after I die nuclear war will break out who knows...
Definitely not.
Original post by Emerald777O

In the course of 1,000 years you could definitely become the new Beyonce.
Reply 17
Original post by Captain Jack
Let's say that physically you will look as you do now but no one else can live as long as you.

I’m sure after 200 years I’ll become accustom to close people dying, so that won’t be an issue afterwards. And if I could look and maintain my health of being young for 1,000 years, I don’t see what I have to lose!

Although one of the most motivating quotes for me is “we’re all going to die soon anyway” it just gets me into gear, not sure if that would still work knowing I had 982 years left
Original post by Zxyn
Although one of the most motivating quotes for me is “we’re all going to die soon anyway” it just gets me into gear, not sure if that would still work knowing I had 982 years left

Interesting. I know what you mean.

Imagine if you became a couch potato for over 900 years (just enough time to watch all of Game of Thrones and the LOTR extended editions) and then realised time was running out!
Reply 19
E6A04C2D-3692-4DC0-BA92-2F6D4B0709DD.jpg

Original post by Emerald777O

Quick Reply

Latest