The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French Speaking Exam [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by s-roli
I think I’d have to learn it... if I didn’t I’d just sit there blank faced not knowing what to say or where to start 😂 btw when is everyone’s speaking exams?

Mine's 10th May :frown:
Reply 41
I did the last year a2 one and got A*..
Reply 42
Original post by AA923
I did the last year a2 one and got A*..

I'm actually so jealous :'( How much did you revise?
Reply 43
Tbh , 5 days before the exam because i had soo kuch coursework and other revision to do
Reply 44
Original post by AA923
Tbh , 5 days before the exam because i had soo kuch coursework and other revision to do

Ah wow I think I'd be too scared to leave it that late :redface: You did amazingly though!! Can I ask are you native or anything like that? My teacher acts like it's impossible to get an A* in the speaking unless you have a lot of experience with the language. What did you get overall in French? I'm worried because I'm usually awful at the speaking but then I'm good at the other stuff so I'm hoping that will bring my grade up.

Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 45
Original post by sundae
Ah wow I think I'd be too scared to leave it that late :redface: You did amazingly though!! Can I ask are you native or anything like that? My teacher acts like it's impossible to get an A* in the speaking unless you have a lot of experience with the language. What did you get overall in French? I'm worried because I'm usually awful at the speaking but then I'm good at the other stuff so I'm hoping that will bring my grade up.

Sorry for all the questions!

Noo I'm not a native and i got B overall because i was crap at writing😂
Reply 46
Original post by AA923
Noo I'm not a native and i got B overall because i was crap at writing😂

Bloody hell A*! That’s amazing well done! I’m predicted an A in german and French because they said it’s literally impossible to get an A* but atm it looks like I’m gonna get like an E 😂
My French speaking is the 11th and my german one is the 8th... *cries* :’(
Reply 47
How far is everyone with their revision for the speaking? I feel like I'm so behind and not going to get everything done in time :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by sundae
How far is everyone with their revision for the speaking? I feel like I'm so behind and not going to get everything done in time :frown:

Hahahah meeeee 😂 im like trying to make notes for each chapter and I’m on like unit 9 and for my IRP I just need to memorise it all :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by s-roli
Hahahah meeeee 😂 im like trying to make notes for each chapter and I’m on like unit 9 and for my IRP I just need to memorise it all :frown:

Ahh it's so stressful :frown: I'm trying to remember my facts for my IRP but it's literally impossible I just want to sleep :redface:
Reply 50
Original post by sundae
Ahh it's so stressful :frown: I'm trying to remember my facts for my IRP but it's literally impossible I just want to sleep :redface:

Literally though!! Like the speaking is the main one I’m stressed about the others are like meh 😂
Reply 51
Original post by s-roli
Literally though!! Like the speaking is the main one I’m stressed about the others are like meh 😂

Same!! I can't wait to get this over with so I can focus on the other stuff. Just wish I was one of those naturally good speakers as I can tell I'm going to completely mess this up :rolleyes:
Reply 52
I can just see myself in the exam saying such weird stuff 😂 the examiner will be like ‘what is your opinion on prisons in france’ and I’ll be like ‘they are fun’
I've got mine on Tuesday and I'm stressing I'm not going to know what to say for the card! Has anyone got any phrases that can be used to stall for time while you try and think of something to say?
I had my exam last week and think it was alright tbh :smile:
Original post by yazzie2323
I had my exam last week and think it was alright tbh :smile:

I'm glad you think it went well! How much/what prep did you do for it?
Original post by sophiee73
I'm glad you think it went well! How much/what prep did you do for it?

not much honestly. I just made notes for every theme like a week before :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by yazzie2323
not much honestly. I just made notes for every theme like a week before :smile:

Can I ask how much did you do for your project? Glad it went well! :smile:
Reply 58
Well done! My French one is on Friday but my german one is on Tuesday 😅😅
Original post by s-roli
Well done! My French one is on Friday but my german one is on Tuesday 😅😅

i have german on wednesday, how many people are in your class? and whats your research project on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending