The Student Room Group

Parents bug me to do revision so much I don't!

I'm in year 11 and all the exam pressure is starting to build up. I have mock exams in three weeks and I've gradually started revision since the start of the year.The issue is, is that my parents don't see me stress (I do I just handle it well) and don't see my school work typically, so automatically believe that I am not taking my GCSE's seriously and that I'm not revising.Because of this, if I am doing anything but clear revision after school, I'll get constantly bugged to revise. So much so, that it makes me angry and demotivated to revise at all. I'm pretty sure that an intellectual 16 year old can manage his/her own time.As well as this, my Mum has cancelled plans in the next three weeks up to the mocks because I
Original post by student0950
I'm in year 11 and all the exam pressure is starting to build up. I have mock exams in three weeks and I've gradually started revision since the start of the year.The issue is, is that my parents don't see me stress (I do I just handle it well) and don't see my school work typically, so automatically believe that I am not taking my GCSE's seriously and that I'm not revising.Because of this, if I am doing anything but clear revision after school, I'll get constantly bugged to revise. So much so, that it makes me angry and demotivated to revise at all. I'm pretty sure that an intellectual 16 year old can manage his/her own time.As well as this, my Mum has cancelled plans in the next three weeks up to the mocks because I

Incomplete plan

Make a schedule and show your mum you have it all under control, plus remind her you stay at school and do some.

If you do less then you cheat yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest