The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL English 2018

Scroll to see replies

Got my unconditional today! Stay hopeful guys, I honestly thought I messed my interview up! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I applied in October and I haven't heard anything apart from the confirmation email. Should I be worried?
Reply 22
Original post by izzigrace
I applied in October and I haven't heard anything apart from the confirmation email. Should I be worried?

I’m with you on that boat. I applied in early November. But I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. The deadline isn’t until January so I doubt they’ve given out all their offers already. :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by ndimitrova
are you taking 4 HLs? and if your recommendations are good + your predicted grades, the statement shouldn't hurt your application, but it is a make or break sometimes

Yeahh I was dumb enough to take 4 :wink: Hopefully it won't hurt my application, but I am getting worried that I haven't gotten any sort of reply yet
I submitted in October and still haven't heard back too. Assumed they were waiting for the January 15th deadline. Stopped checking the portal a month and a half ago 😂
I also submitted in October and haven't heard anything! Glad I'm not the only one :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by ErinDearlove00
I'm also predicted three A*s however I was called to interview. I just received an email letting me know that my English BA application was unsuccessful (I think the exam went badly) but that they strongly recommend that I apply for their comparative literature BA... not what i was hoping for but I guess its better than a complete rejection. Anyway I have an Oxford interview on Monday so perhaps that will lead somewhere. Has anyone else had this response for English?

What was the exam like? I've got an interview next week and im terrified. I'm applying post results so have had no help from my school - I'm worried about what to expect
Reply 27
anyone have advice for the interview? have mine next week and have no clue how to prep for it :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by khxdija
anyone have advice for the interview? have mine next week and have no clue how to prep for it :frown:

I didn't do any prep and I think it went ok. (Although I don't think I'll be getting a place... Still waiting to hear back... But I don't think more prep would have helped me). But basically they were really friendly and nice about letting you chose what you wanted to talk about. They asked about my alevel texts, and what I've been reading recently, and then a question related to something in my personal statement so pretty basic stuff really. Then they took me to a room to write the written part which was super informal - they just leave you to it and let you time yourself. Hope that helps!
Original post by khxdija

I had my interview a couple weeks ago and I just got an offer, even through I thought the interview didn't go very well! (I'm on a gap year though and I already have the grades so that might have made a difference?).
For the interview I'd say look through the A level texts and try and remember a few good points from them, they asked me lots of 'challenging' questions to do with them (every time I made a point they countered it with a different idea). It was more just getting you to really think, and have a discussion about it, rather than there be any right or wrong answers. For the unseen essay bit, I'd say just try and learn some good vocab for it that you could use, as the question for it is really just asking you to point out what's interesting.

I hope this helps, I'm sure you'll do great anyway!
Reply 30
Hey guys, has any international applicant heard back yet? :smile:
Original post by daisypgray
I had my interview a couple weeks ago and I just got an offer, even through I thought the interview didn't go very well! (I'm on a gap year though and I already have the grades so that might have made a difference?).
For the interview I'd say look through the A level texts and try and remember a few good points from them, they asked me lots of 'challenging' questions to do with them (every time I made a point they countered it with a different idea). It was more just getting you to really think, and have a discussion about it, rather than there be any right or wrong answers. For the unseen essay bit, I'd say just try and learn some good vocab for it that you could use, as the question for it is really just asking you to point out what's interesting.

Hey!! I had my interview exactly a week ago and am waiting to hear back! how long did they take to give you an offer after your interview? Congratulations xxx
Original post by daisypgray

Hey!! I had my interview exactly a week ago and am waiting to hear back! how long did they take to give you an offer after your interview? Congratulations xxx
Still haven't heard anything and I applied in October. Guess I'm not getting an interview or offer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Just got a conditional offer yesterday xD Really glad I didn't have to go in for an interview tbh
Original post by cloudbites
Just got a conditional offer yesterday xD Really glad I didn't have to go in for an interview tbh

Hey can I ask what your GCSEs and predicted grades are by any chance? Congratulations on the offer!!!!
Original post by A human being
Still haven't heard anything and I applied in October. Guess I'm not getting an interview or offer.

Same here. I applied on 5th of October and haven’t heard anything at all apart from the confirmation email! Don’t lose hope though. They may be saving the best til last :wink:
Reply 37
Guys, I got an offer today having applied in October! Don't lose hope, I think it's just taking them a while to process all of the apps :smile:
Original post by maravan
Guys, I got an offer today having applied in October! Don't lose hope, I think it's just taking them a while to process all of the apps :smile:

Did you have an interview? Well done !!
Reply 39
I applied with A*A*A and after a shaky interview i managed to get an offer - so pleased

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending