The Student Room Group

A level: RS VS HISTORY (- for law)

Hi,

I prefer the Religious Studies teacher, but I think that history would be more useful. I haven't done History GCSE, is this an issue, and should i stick with what i know. These A level choices are for a Law Degree further down the line. Im doing English Lit, Drama and one of H/RS.
(edited 6 years ago)
I wouldn’t attempt History A-Level at all without doing GCSE. Law is an extremely competitive course and industry and without good grades in the correct subjects, along with a good degree from a prestigious university or Russel group your chances of gaining a training contract will be very slim. In order to achieve an A/A* in a Level history it requires not just in depth knowledge ( which is very time consuming) but a very refined essay technique which will be virtually impossible to develop without prior practise or grounding of the essay skills and may hinder your development in other subjects. And coming from someone who works in the industry don’t do drama and instead pick the STEM subjects (Maths English lit, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, modern/ ancient language, history). And defiantly don’t do a Level law admissions tutors don’t like it and neither do top law firms.

Quick Reply

Latest