The Student Room Group

Alevel Choices

id just like to ask tht if im aiming for law and my current options r bio psych history and politics is it worth it to change bio to rs as i feel like itll b v hard for me to get an a in it? ik its hard for all alevels but objectively im way better at essay subjects but i certainly can do alevel biology i think ill just be miserable and one of my teachers rnt rlly the best, should i switch to english instead of rs asw? or is it good to have a stem subject for law to show my range of skills ?
Reply 1
Heyy,

Admissions tutors would look at your grade before the type subject you have taken so I would recommend choosing a subject where you'd get the best grade. Granted it does look good having more breadth of subjects, but that won't matter if your grades aren't that good. If by taking rs or english you could get an A instead of a B, i would recommend switching.

Also, if you don't enjoy bio then that's more reason to change it. If you enjoy what you study, you'll do well. It's no point being miserable for two years.

Does that help in any way?
Reply 2
Original post by kaayb7
Granted it does look good having more breadth of subjects

Unless a Uni asks specifically for 'breadth of subjects' then it doesnt want them.
For Law, its grades that matter.

By law, Unis have to be totally upfront and honest about what they require or 'prefer' - and they must state this on the course page.
There are no secrets and no information that only 'special people' know.
Reply 3
Original post by kaayb7
Heyy,

Admissions tutors would look at your grade before the type subject you have taken so I would recommend choosing a subject where you'd get the best grade. Granted it does look good having more breadth of subjects, but that won't matter if your grades aren't that good. If by taking rs or english you could get an A instead of a B, i would recommend switching.

Also, if you don't enjoy bio then that's more reason to change it. If you enjoy what you study, you'll do well. It's no point being miserable for two years.

Does that help in any way?

yes this does help tysm! i think i will end up switching to eng or even rs bc i find those much more easy to grasp im taking psych asw so hopefully tht should count as smth different and i think if im ever rlly erlly rlly rlly rlly wanting to do bio i can just do it by myself
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Unless a Uni asks specifically for 'breadth of subjects' then it doesnt want them.

By law, Unis have to be totally upfront and honest about what they require or 'prefer' - and they must state this on the course page.

tysm this helped asw! i think i will be switching to eng or rs bc i find them more easier to grasp now i jus need to let go of bio wo overthinking 2 much 😓😓
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger

oh wow i didn't know this. That's good to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending