The Student Room Group

The Official Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Thread

Been addicted to this game lately it's kinda unhealthy! I thought it would be nice to have a proper thread so we can all share updates/tips/IDs/thoughts on the new app!

I've created a little template just to introduce yourself which you may or may not want to follow :biggrin: I might add onto this later!

First time playing Animal Crossing?:
Aims:
ID:
Favourite Villager/Animal:
Any Tips?:

Feel free to tag anyone else you know who's playing the game so we can get this thread going! :smile:

Soooo let me start this thread off!

First time playing Animal Crossing?: No I used to play Wild World and City Folk :smile: (Literally was addicted!)
Aims: My aims so far have been trying to get enough bells and cute essence to get a cute tree swing, as well as trying to collect all the musical items so I can make my campsite a little festival place (I used to love collecting the musical type furniture in Animal Crossing Wild World! :biggrin:)
ID: 4537 9484 224
Favourite Villager/Animal: Bunnie :biggrin:
Any Tips?: I didn't realise but once you add something to your Market Box you'll lose it forever (either you sell it, or you choose to remove it, where you'll never get it back)! So for the first couple of days I was constantly adding rare fish to it only to realise I wanted it back, and then didn't realise that taking it out of the Market Box meant losing it forever!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tagging a couple of cool people I know play this awesome game :tongue:
@AryanGh @EmilySarah00 @agaaga1010 @Jcat894 @dandiprat
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
@AryanGh @EmilySarah00 @agaaga1010

Ayyyyy, I just installed but do not mistake me for a mere.. 'normie' I am quite the journeyman on this series of video games.

First Time Playing?
Wild World on the DS. In my old country, these kinds of games were usually not sold due to bans etc, so getting a DS and an iconic nintendo game like Animal Crossing Wild World felt like I had a treasure in my hand, fact, bar Mario Kart on DS, it was one of the only games I had the chance to own on a DS until late, so I did end up getting quite good at it :wink:

(I stuck a poster of mr resetti at the end of my bed on the wall at one point)

Aims?
Bells

Always Bells

Only Bells

(I'll figure everything else later)

ID
I'll figure this out later

Fav Villager?
Would probably also say Bunnie lmao

Tips?
Try and control yourself on this game.

:woo: :rofl:
Oh my, there's a thread! I need to download this game. I thought it wouldn't be that good compared to their other full games. I started playing AC on DS years ago and I have fond memories. I'm glad they're bringing it to other devices, just like Sims 4 have given in and put it on consoles, when they said all future games would only be on PC. :frown:

Been addicted to this game lately it's kinda unhealthy! I thought it would be nice to have a proper thread so we can all share updates/tips/IDs/thoughts on the new app!

I've created a little template just to introduce yourself which you may or may not want to follow :biggrin: I might add onto this later!

First time playing Animal Crossing?:
Aims:
ID:
Favourite Villager/Animal:
Any Tips?:

Feel free to tag anyone else you know who's playing the game so we can get this thread going! :smile:

Soooo let me start this thread off!

First time playing Animal Crossing?: No I used to play Wild World and City Folk :smile: (Literally was addicted!)
Aims: My aims so far have been trying to get enough bells and cute essence to get a cute tree swing, as well as trying to collect all the musical items so I can make my campsite a little festival place (I used to love collecting the musical type furniture in Animal Crossing Wild World! :biggrin:)
ID: 4537 9484 224
Favourite Villager/Animal: Bunnie :biggrin:
Any Tips?: I didn't realise but once you add something to your Market Box you'll lose it forever (either you sell it, or you choose to remove it, where you'll never get it back) which I did not realise! So for the first couple of days I was constantly adding rare fish to it only to realise I wanted it back, and then didn't realise that taking it out of the Market Box meant losing it forever!
also fellow campers, not too sure how to add people but if y'all wanna add my ID it is 46711963781

Yes! I have absolutely been waiting for someone to start one of these. Thank you for tagging me :biggrin:

First time playing Animal Crossing?: I first played Animal Crossing: Wild World when I was around the age of 8, and remember using it a lot to keep my mind off of moving home. Despite loving the game, I haven't picked it up again until the app was released since my DS Lite broke back in 2013. Really been thinking about buying a 2DS XL after I have payed off my exam fees.

Aims: You could say my aim via the application is to give myself breaks from my education, since I sometimes find it hard to find time to go out or engage with extracurricular activities, due to the time restraints of my courses and job. Secondarily, I enjoy racing my friends with the levelling system and staying at the top.

ID: 7971-5952-910

Favourite Villager/Animal: This is too hard! I like Goldie, Beau, Butch and Roscoe equally.

Any Tips?: Hm, I have a few... although some might be obvious:

Spoiler

I know they are not the most exciting, but I hope some of these help someone.
(edited 6 years ago)

Ah thanks for the tag! Looks like you know me well! :wink2:

Name: Emily :grin:

First time playing Animal Crossing?: Nope! I had Wild World on DS and Let's Go To The City on the Wii! I played both games to death (max house upgrades etc etc.) So It's safe to say I was buzzing for the app.

Aims: At the minute I'm trying to get all the 'Natural' animals on my campsite so I can maximise their friendship level (I think that's how it works.) I also just keep trying to get my own level up, I'm at Level 22 right now and I started on Friday! :laugh:

ID: 6930 3199 923 (Hit me up pals, but let me know if you're gonna add me so I don't just ignore it! :lol:)

Favourite Villager/Animal: Ah this is a tough one, I'm probably really basic but I love Goldie. Feel like she has more personality than some (all the damn 'cute' animals that call me their 'fan' are driving me crazy :teehee:)

Any Tips?: @dandiprat gave all the tips you could ever need! :rofl:

Have fun everyone!
Original post by EmilySarah00

Is it too obvious I have a bit of an obsession? :eek:

By the way, since I definitely am going to be adding everyone on this thread, my name on the application is up as Hunter.
Original post by dandiprat
Is it too obvious I have a bit of an obsession? :eek:

By the way, since I definitely am going to be adding everyone on this thread, my name on the application is up as Hunter.

I’ll be adding you back! :woo:
I downloaded it and I'm addicted.

51051992131 my id

Mines natural and goldie won my heart with her tamberine playing! 😍
Tagging a few others who may appreciate this possibly? @Cyberspace @Protostar
Anyone spent 250 leaf tickets to buy the limited edition KK Slider or Tom Nook chair? Really tempted to buy the KK Slider chair because gotta love his tunes but scared of losing so many leaf tickets at once :colondollar: Is it worth it?
Original post by AryanGh
also fellow campers, not too sure how to add people but if y'all wanna add my ID it is 46711963781

Original post by dandiprat
Yes! I have absolutely been waiting for someone to start one of these. Thank you for tagging me :biggrin:

First time playing Animal Crossing?: I first played Animal Crossing: Wild World when I was around the age of 8, and remember using it a lot to keep my mind off of moving home. Despite loving the game, I haven't picked it up again until the app was released since my DS Lite broke back in 2013. Really been thinking about buying a 2DS XL after I have payed off my exam fees.

Aims: You could say my aim via the application is to give myself breaks from my education, since I sometimes find it hard to find time to go out or engage with extracurricular activities, due to the time restraints of my courses and job. Secondarily, I enjoy racing my friends with the levelling system and staying at the top.

ID: 7971-5952-910

Favourite Villager/Animal: This is too hard! I like Goldie, Beau, Butch and Roscoe equally.

Any Tips?: Hm, I have a few... although some might be obvious:

Spoiler

I know they are not the most exciting, but I hope some of these help someone.

Ah thanks for the tag! Looks like you know me well! :wink2:

Name: Emily :grin:

First time playing Animal Crossing?: Nope! I had Wild World on DS and Let's Go To The City on the Wii! I played both games to death (max house upgrades etc etc.) So It's safe to say I was buzzing for the app.

Aims: At the minute I'm trying to get all the 'Natural' animals on my campsite so I can maximise their friendship level (I think that's how it works.) I also just keep trying to get my own level up, I'm at Level 22 right now and I started on Friday! :laugh:

ID: 6930 3199 923 (Hit me up pals, but let me know if you're gonna add me so I don't just ignore it! :lol:)

Favourite Villager/Animal: Ah this is a tough one, I'm probably really basic but I love Goldie. Feel like she has more personality than some (all the damn 'cute' animals that call me their 'fan' are driving me crazy :teehee:)

Have fun everyone!

Original post by hannxm
I downloaded it and I'm addicted.

51051992131 my id

Mines natural and goldie won my heart with her tamberine playing! 😍

Yaaay will add all of you! <3 @dandiprat those are some awesome tips! :biggrin:
Heyyyy! Thanks everyone for the tips, I’ve added a few people
So it’s my first time playing animal crossing, I don’t really have any goals, except for bells XD
Anyway my id is : 30278637165
And as for favs.... probably goldie :3
Anyone spent 250 leaf tickets to buy the limited edition KK Slider or Tom Nook chair? Really tempted to buy the KK Slider chair because gotta love his tunes but scared of losing so many leaf tickets at once :colondollar: Is it worth it?

I did!! :woo:
In hindsight probably not worth it, KK doesn’t do much but I love him so I had to :lol:
I did!! :woo:
In hindsight probably not worth it, KK doesn’t do much but I love him so I had to :lol:

Oooh it certainly is tempting... :colondollar:
I'll wait a bit though and track how many tickets I usually spend - if I have quite a few left over I may splurge :biggrin:
First time playing Animal Crossing?: I started playing Wild World which I immensely enjoyed due to the freedom to explore in the environment. I also really enjoyed creating designs for outfits and helping to fill the museum.

Aims: I love playing games as they are a great way to relieve stress.

Favourite Villager/Animal: As a lover of pink I love Rosie the cat
Any Tips?: Football Fish only come in the evening :smile:
Original post by lalaland808
First time playing Animal Crossing?: I started playing Wild World which I immensely enjoyed due to the freedom to explore in the environment. I also really enjoyed creating designs for outfits and helping to fill the museum.

Aims: I love playing games as they are a great way to relieve stress.

Favourite Villager/Animal: As a lover of pink I love Rosie the cat
Any Tips?: Football Fish only come in the evening :smile:

Yesss Wild World is my favourite version <3 Absolute classic :biggrin: I managed to get all the fossils and fish, struggled to capture the last couple of bugs though :frown: And oh wow I never knew that football fish only came out in the evening!
Yesss Wild World is my favourite version <3 Absolute classic :biggrin: I managed to get all the fossils and fish, struggled to capture the last couple of bugs though :frown: And oh wow I never knew that football fish only came out in the evening!

I hope Pocket Camp gets a museum, coffee shop and fossils. That would be awesome! I love playing Pocket Camp and I'm addicted.

Oh yeeeee!

First time playing Animal Crossing?: My journey started with my friends forcing me to buy wild world on my DS. At first I thought I wouldn't like it, boy was I wrong..

Aims: Try to not let this game take over my life.

ID: 3671 2863 543

Favourite Villager/Animal: Mmmm, probably goldie just because she's so adorable, and I've always loved golden retrievers.

Any Tips?: Preferably don't do what I did and download the game right before your mocks :colondollar:. I forced myself to uninstall it so that I'd actually get something done so I'm not very far along, but I'll get back into it after my mocks finish.

Quick Reply

Latest