The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Medicine of course because that’s the hardest shite
I would say the one with the biggest wow factor is medicine; as soon as someone says their doing medicine, I immediately assume they are really smart.

A lot of people are bad at maths, so they would be impressed with that, although some people seem to think you just multiply really big numbers or solve equations all day.
everyone knows the most valued degree is PPE from Oxford
Reply 23
Original post by Vikingninja
Bruv I'll have you know I became a rocket design engineer after studying biology because it was sooo prestigious.

Fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely medicine because it’s the hardest, longest and most meaningful
Knew law and medicine would get lots of votes, but the amount of votes maths got surprised me as I thought engineering would get more votes.This poll has been interesting so far
Maths at Cambridge
E&M at Oxford
I reckon it’s the fiendishly difficult STEP tests that has lead to maths being treated with such reverence
Medicine, definitely. Though I think I may have accidentally put Chemistry in the poll. :s-smilie:
STEM + Medicine are the superiors.
A medicine degree and law degree has more prestige than any other degree. Then I'd say computer science and neuroscience.
Original post by HateOCR
STEM subjects and any degree with economics and finance are classed as prestigious degrees in this country. They are the biggest sectors in the UK.

My friend has a maths degree graduated a year a go no job.-
Original post by the IT MAN
My friend has a maths degree graduated a year a go no job.-

Which university did he go to?
Original post by Irongnome
Which university did he go to?

Thats a bit sexiest assuming that Its a he who took the degree.

Maths is a degree where statistically, the vast majority of people taking it are male. Had you said something like “nursing” I would have assumed it was a she.

So what university did they attend?
Reply 37

Sexiest? Phwoar.
Original post by Irongnome
Maths is a degree where statistically, the vast majority of people taking it are male. Had you said something like “nursing” I would have assumed it was a she.

So what university did they attend?[/Q
Why do you assume they even have a gender.
Original post by Doonesbury
Sexiest? Phwoar.

Pig!

Latest

Trending

Trending