The Student Room Group

General engineering at Edinburgh or Duhram???

Hi, I've been offered places at both unis however they both seem good and I don't know how to make a decision. Does anyone have an opinion or some reasons why I should pick one uni over the other? Which one is more prestigious?
Original post by Dominic Thomson
Hi, I've been offered places at both unis however they both seem good and I don't know how to make a decision. Does anyone have an opinion or some reasons why I should pick one uni over the other? Which one is more prestigious?

Where would you rather live? And are you okay with doing an extra year at Edinburgh?
I don’t particularly mind where I live or whever or not I do an extra year. My main priority is to go to the most prestigious school possible and have the best possible degree. I hope you understand what I mean!
Original post by Dominic Thomson
I don’t particularly mind where I live or whever or not I do an extra year. My main priority is to go to the most prestigious school possible and have the best possible degree. I hope you understand what I mean!

I think they're both about the same, although Durham might be a bit higher on rankings, but those change every year so take it with a grain of salt. I feel like with Edinburgh, you get more of a chance to do stuff to further your career - they have a good year abroad, work experience programmes, and it's a bigger place so you can get internships which would further your career. At least that's what I gathered from my research so far, as I'm also deciding on what engineering unis I want to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest