The Student Room Group

Flat Earth Believers- Are they serious?

Scroll to see replies

Meh, vast majority of them are just excessively gullible.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Flat earthism is the most idiotic conspiracy theory of them all. A person who believes it is probably verging on mental illness, and the fact this belief has taken hold in such a large number of people shows how far the virus of conspiracism has spread.

It's deeply concerning.

If you want to see how stupid flat-earthers are, how specious is their logic, check out this video of Joe Rogan interviewing Eddie Bravo

[video="youtube;YxZLtyVKhNw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxZLtyVKhNw[/video]

Edgy Brah! Thats what im sayin you need to look into it
Reply 22
Enjoy:

[video]https://youtu.be/x3vcSab13Sk[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
If ever there were a valid case for euthanasia it is for flat earthers. They consume food, take up space and leave carbon footprints whilst being of no earthly good whatsoever.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Mannn! Your post is underrateddd! You deserve a million reps! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Yes.
Reply 26
Flat earthers never knock globalists but globalists always knock flat earthers, funny that.Unfortunately the earth is flat. I appreciate it is way too much to take on board. I challenge anybody to take a long haul flight from north to south hemisphere and take a compass with them on both journeys after stop off. If we live on a globe the compass will change due to the change of direction, if we live on a flat plane, the compass will say the same direction. Then check your route on the map. And while your travelling feel free to use a spirit level app to check for decent as you would have to tilt down to account for the sphere.You can be told 1000 times the earth is round and vice versa. There are many conspiracies if you like, and there shouldn't be any value in them but again unfortunately there is.There should be no debate what so ever but there is. like I say, conspiracies are one think that you can choose to believe or not. This debate affects everyone regardless. I can see how people are so defensive as they want to hold on passionately and can't possibly imaging that their life/world is not what it seems, I can only apologise. However I would suggest within 5 years time the realisation will come, I would also suggest not to get angry, because let's just say we have been lied to, it is what the establishment have chosen to do and not for our best intrests. I would also suggest that from a completely non religious point of view that if and when we come to the conclusion the earth is flat, this would suggest that the earth was indeed created, we are the centre of the universe and I have to say, do have a creator, who ever that may be. Peace out folks and be real to yourselves and kind to others.
Banning the wrong people
Reply 29
I think with a lot of conspracy theorists they like being part of a community, especially a community that "knows something" that the rest of the world doesn't know. I can see how that could be fun.

Plus nowadays there are loads of seemingly convinving youtube videos so those who believe the last thing they heard are susceptible. Once the conspircacy has gripped this type of person they abandon all logic and reason. For flat-Earthers eventually they have to come to the conclusion that anyone who has taken photos of the Earth from space must be part of the conspiracy. At this point there's a fine line between irrational belief and madness.
Reply 30
Original post by IPros01
Flat earthers never knock globalists but globalists always knock flat earthers, funny that.Unfortunately the earth is flat. I appreciate it is way too much to take on board. I challenge anybody to take a long haul flight from north to south hemisphere and take a compass with them on both journeys after stop off. If we live on a globe the compass will change due to the change of direction, if we live on a flat plane, the compass will say the same direction. Then check your route on the map. And while your travelling feel free to use a spirit level app to check for decent as you would have to tilt down to account for the sphere.You can be told 1000 times the earth is round and vice versa. There are many conspiracies if you like, and there shouldn't be any value in them but again unfortunately there is.There should be no debate what so ever but there is. like I say, conspiracies are one think that you can choose to believe or not. This debate affects everyone regardless. I can see how people are so defensive as they want to hold on passionately and can't possibly imaging that their life/world is not what it seems, I can only apologise. However I would suggest within 5 years time the realisation will come, I would also suggest not to get angry, because let's just say we have been lied to, it is what the establishment have chosen to do and not for our best intrests. I would also suggest that from a completely non religious point of view that if and when we come to the conclusion the earth is flat, this would suggest that the earth was indeed created, we are the centre of the universe and I have to say, do have a creator, who ever that may be. Peace out folks and be real to yourselves and kind to others.

Sad
Flat earthers are just those people that like to argue with you about anything. If the earth was actually flat then the same people would argue that it's not.
I just sit there and shake my head in disbelief at the nonsense that the flat earthers come up with sometime. Like just yesterday when I ask so where do people go when they jump off these Ice Caps that are supposedly the end of the earth. The response was Hell.

To be fair though there was a Saint Nicholas although not in the same vain as what people have made him out to be now, but he was a real person who the fictitous Santa today was made from.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yes and he was the one that was pouring out the insults towards me. He is now banned by the way. :biggrin:
You're the crazy one. The Reptilians have given us proof that the earth is flat.
If people want to believe the earth is flat, fine. They're wrong but they're not really harming anyone. Anti-Vaccine believers on the other hand, they should be euthanised.
Don't worry. If you sign a deal with this reptilian, your mother can be protected from harm.

reptilian.jpg
Reply 37
For completely irrational beliefs like this, I think you have to think about whether other people believe in the same thing before declaring it an illness. For example, if a relative of mine started believing in the fried egg monster then I'd have to consider that they had a mental illness. But if they started believing in angels because friends believe the same thing or they read it in a book then that surely isn't mental illness.

Even though flat-Earthers are ignoring all rational thought, they probably believe in a flat Earth because a friend introduced the theory to them or they watched lots of Youtube videos. There are thousands of people all over the world who believe that the Earth is flat and when there's a community like this I really don't think you can call all of them mentally ill.
Reply 38
The Earth is flat. Roundness is a man-made concept.
Reply 39
Yes if you start calling flat-Earthers mentally ill then it may be hard to draw the line on where to stop.

Quick Reply

Latest