The Student Room Group

Question to answer sample and guidance

I need help from answering the question
Reply 1
Hi guys
I’m struggling with this problem question. Any one who can guidelines please..

James who until recently was homeless in Manchester, has had his life transformed by a £20 million Lottery jackpot win. He is now in hospital recuperating from a serious heart attack brought on by the shock of the good news. Fearing that he might not have long to live, he decided to make his will. The will contained, inter alia, the following provisions: 1. “I give to Tom and **** jointly, all the freehold houses that I have just acquired in Manchester.” 2. “I give to my good friend Linda, £100,000 on trust, confident that she will use it according to my wishes.” 3. “I leave my entire residuary estate to my wife, Lucy.” James died the very night that the will was executed. His executors are his two friends Tom and ****. The attesting witnesses were Tom and Linda. Shortly after the execution of the will, James orally informed Tom that his Manchester houses were to be held for the exclusive benefit of his mistress’ daughter, Daphne. Similarly, he instructed Linda and Lucy to hold their bequests for James’ children, Donald and Phillip, respectively. Linda agreed but Lucy made no response. **** had no knowledge that James had left him property by his will. Phillip had died in a car accident a few hours before James’ own death. Explain with reasons who are entitled to the various bequests in Equity.
Many thanks
Reply 2
Please can you post what you've done so far too? You will be more likely to get a reply. Thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending