The Student Room Group

how do you revision revision the UKCAT

how do you revise for the UKCAT and when do you start revising?
Original post by saarahtalha

You can't "revise" for the UKCAT as such, you can only practice doing questions and get used to the timing of the test.

I would leave around 2-4 weeks before your test to prepare.
preparing for the UKCAT comes down to practising questions to identify and improve skill, then working on exam strategies for each section of the exam. I recommend attempting the official practice tests - if you find it easy then 2-4 wks shud be enough. however, if u don't perform well it you might need longer. check out my blog for more guidance on this. best of luck :smile:
Preparing - helps with tackling questions and timing . I am doing some revision on the UKCAT now ( early ) since I’m so bad at the types of questions they ask :smile:
Reply 4
You can only prepare for the test and you have to be lucky on the test day. The questions are randomly generated so if you get hard questions (like i did for QR) you could flop. Just hope that you’re lucky basically.
Hiya,

I'd recommend the practice questions like everyone else, but try and get some in an online format- such as The Medic Portal questions banks etc.
These will provide you with the best view of what it will be like on the day.
They'll also teach you useful things such as keyboard shortcuts, which are a lifesaver in the real exam!
Good luck with your UKCAT :smile:
Medify was my bae during my UKCAT prep.

Hi there!

We'd say that the UKCAT takes around 6 weeks to prepare for - however we wouldn't recommend much longer than this as you don't want to run out of resources!

In terms of your preparation, we'd recommend practice questions (you can access thousands of free questions and answer explanations in our UKCAT Question Bank).

You can also find out more about UKCAT 2018 on this page.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Medify really is all you need. Start maybe 4-6 weeks before you intend to sit the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending