The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni after one semester?

haven't used TSR since I did my GCSES but I feel like I may gain some valuable advice on here. Im currently studying criminology (BSC) at a quite reputable uni -in the top 30. Although my accommodation isn't exactly nice (shared toilet and catered) I have made some amazing friends here and have had a crazy social life. Despite these positive factors, I just don't really enjoy my course. Firstly it is quite boring and I don't feel motivated to do the work (I did a 2.5k essay a night before it was due and ended up submitting it late). My uni campus is a 40 minute walk or 20 min bus from my university halls, so lately I haven't even been going into uni. Overall I don't see myself studying this subject for the next 3 years. My idea was to study something interesting at uni and since I have done sociology at A level and enjoyed the crime and deviance part of it I believed that I would like this course. Also after researching jobs related to my degree it seems very difficult and competitive. I have spoke to many people about dropping out. Ive spoke to a careers advisor ,welfare advisor,parents and friends but most people are saying to me that I need a back up plan or that I should stick it out for a year and drop out after the first year if I don't like it. Sorry for the long post
I would agree, just keep going, keep trying and stick it out, you might regret it. Drop me a PM if you need someone to talk too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending