The Student Room Group

Should I even apply

Hi Guys,

So I want a honest opinion here. I did my SATs recently and I got a mediocre score of 1300 and I did Subject tests and got all 700 in Maths Bio and Chem.

Is it worth me applying to universities such as Harvard, Stanford Yale etc.

I know that these universities require a candidate to have something special and I don't know if I have that. I do a lot of extra curricular acitivies but I think I have something unique : I currently work for Deliotte in their scholars scheme and I have got my manager to write me a reference for common app.

Do you guys think its worth me applying and do you think that being part of this competitive scheme is a unique thing worth applying for. And do they take employers reference that seriously ( does it have an impact on the application)

Thanks so much
Update: I saw in the website in Stanford they give you a interview based on your location, if I were to really express myself in the interview would that have an impact on my admission.
Original post by ChemBoy1
Hi Guys,

So I want a honest opinion here. I did my SATs recently and I got a mediocre score of 1300 and I did Subject tests and got all 700 in Maths Bio and Chem.

I know that these universities require a candidate to have something special and I don't know if I have that. I do a lot of extra curricular acitivies but I think I have something unique : I currently work for Deliotte in their scholars scheme and I have got my manager to write me a reference for common app.

Do you guys think its worth me applying and do you think that being part of this competitive scheme is a unique thing worth applying for. And do they take employers reference that seriously ( does it have an impact on the application)

Thanks so much
Original post by ChemBoy1
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much

I mean you can apply but a 1300 is a pretty low score tbh, especially when you're looking at the top of the top.

Deadlines are in a few days as well.. so better hurry up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, your overall SAT may be considered quite low but there are plenty of other places where your score would be great!They also would offer similar levels of financial support.I realise most deadlines have gone but there are some for the 15th. If you have any questions just message me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending