The Student Room Group

transferring

i’m thinking of transferring from my current uni outside of london to one inside of london but i don’t even know where to start. a friend of a friend did what i want to do and transferred to a uni through clearing after 1st year (however she started a new course), does that make more sense to do, i’m thinking about starting a new course too. i just want to know what’s the most easiest way or straightforward as to doing this? ^^
As far as I understand, applying for transfers usually isn't subject to the January UCAS deadline but you need to check with each university you want to apply to to see if they actually accept transfers.

If you apply via clearing, that works, but I would avoid that - you can mount an UCAS application now and apply now to the places where you want to apply to. If you wait until clearing, then you can't apply to wherever you want, you need to apply to the places with spaces still, which may or may not be the unis that you want to go to.

But it seems like you're undecided on what to do and this isn't a decision that needs to be rushed - if taking the time to make this decision means going to clearing, then that's preferable than rushing to decide.
The Transfer FAQ linked below should answer any questions you might have about the general process.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Ordinarily I would not wait until clearing time as unis are likely to have less time to consider transfer requests. However I agree that you should not rush into anything if you are unsure.

One thing you can do now is approach some unis about the possibility, (just to find out whether they even consider year 2 applications). That will save you some time if you do decide to submit an application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending