The Student Room Group

Can i get into medical school with decent GCSE's ?

I achieved 1 a* 2 A 3 B and 2 C at GCSE and is really passionate and motivated to study medicine in the UK. i believe i will achieve 4A/A* grades at a level with an amazing personal statement. Due to my GCSE's is there absolutely no chance of me getting into med school.
Original post by barannnnn123
I achieved 1 a* 2 A 3 B and 2 C at GCSE and is really passionate and motivated to study medicine in the UK. i believe i will achieve 4A/A* grades at a level with an amazing personal statement. Due to my GCSE's is there absolutely no chance of me getting into med school.
You may want to have a look at this:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/gcse/medical-school-gcse-requirements

This may be a year or two out of date, but use it to give you a rough idea.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
You may want to have a look at this:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/gcse/medical-school-gcse-requirements

This may be a year or two out of date, but use it to give you a rough idea.:smile:

I understand my grades fit within the minimum requirements for most of the universities however would i be unlikely to be accepted due to my GCSE's even if i achieve 3-4 A*/A grades at A level. Many thanks.
I understand my grades fit within the minimum requirements for most of the universities however would i be unlikely to be accepted due to my GCSE's even if i achieve 3-4 A*/A grades at A level. Many thanks.
You're in the Medicine forum now so somebody here should be able to advise you better than me.:smile:
Reply 4

What were the grades C’s in? As long as English, Maths and Science are at B minimum you should be fine, just dont apply to GCSE heavy unis or wait till you achieve your alevels, take a gap year and apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending