The Student Room Group

Low gcse grades for medicine

Has anyone gotten into a medical school with low gcse grades and I mean by a grade 5/in maths or English or science.
Original post by Antiphobii
Has anyone gotten into a medical school with low gcse grades and I mean by a grade 5/in maths or English or science.

most medical unis need MINIMUM 6 in english and maths.
and realistically for decent unis you need at least mainly 7s and above
dont think any1 got into medical school with 5 in eng, maths science etc as they wont be accepted. u can redo though
Reply 2
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
most medical unis need MINIMUM 6 in english and maths.
and realistically for decent unis you need at least mainly 7s and above
dont think any1 got into medical school with 5 in eng, maths science etc as they wont be accepted. u can redo though

But what if the minimum requirement is like a 5 for maths or English?
But what if the minimum requirement is like a 5 for maths or English?

i mean if you can find a uni with that requirement then fair but like its very rare. i think plymouth has 5 for english language though, a tiktoker called studyplate studies dentistry there and got 5 in english lang. but he said only 4 unis were available to him due to his 5 in english lang. idk if unis accept 5 too. research it a bit i think
Reply 4
i mean if you can find a uni with that requirement then fair but like its very rare. i think plymouth has 5 for english language though, a tiktoker called studyplate studies dentistry there and got 5 in english lang. but he said only 4 unis were available to him due to his 5 in english lang. idk if unis accept 5 too. research it a bit i think

Ok thank you. Are you a current medical student?
Ok thank you. Are you a current medical student?

nah im about to go into yr13 so dont take my word for sure but i think thats the idea(doing med)
Reply 6
nah im about to go into yr13 so dont take my word for sure but i think thats the idea(doing med)

Oh ok then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending