The Student Room Group

Chances of getting BBB

So basically I got DDE in AS for Bio, chem and maths because I didn't revise but somehow my college let me carry on lol. I think this is because (trying not to sound arrogant) I am smart to the extent that I got decent GCSEs without revision and I am capable of getting high grades but I'm incredibly unmotivated and lazy. I'm thinking of doing 4 hours a week for each subject if I can force myself but I'm not sure if thats enough. If there is anyone in a similar boat please could you tell me how much you do and what you are aiming for so I could get a clearer picture. Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
That's really bad... Don't you realize that you are harming yourself by getting such bad grades? Isn't that motivation enough not to want to be lazy?
Reply 2
Original post by jesus234234
That's really bad... Don't you realize that you are harming yourself by getting such bad grades? Isn't that motivation enough not to want to be lazy?

I've always realised this but at the end of the day, I feel like it would be easier for me to fail and get a 'bad' job but enjoy my time I have now. I have no aspirations to become a doctor or engineer etc. What I'm trying to say is that I want good grades but I don't want to work for it, and even if I do fail, there's no real harm tbh.
Original post by LolIGotAU
I've always realised this but at the end of the day, I feel like it would be easier for me to fail and get a 'bad' job but enjoy my time I have now. I have no aspirations to become a doctor or engineer etc. What I'm trying to say is that I want good grades but I don't want to work for it, and even if I do fail, there's no real harm tbh.

There is large amounts of harm in it for you in the future. You will regret it deeply one day as you realize you won't be getting good opportunities for internships or well paying job offers. But I guess if you just care about the moment and are fine with your future self suffering, go for it. You yourself admit that you realized that you are harming yourself and are fine with it. There is an enormous amount of implicit cost with your decision to do terribly in school as you'll be going to bad universities, you will get bad grades in university as well if you go to university even that is. And then when an employer sees that you are lazy and are alright with failing and doing a bad job, nobody will want to hire you and you'll end up working poorly paid jobs. What is better? Enjoyment these two years, or enjoyment for all the years after these two years?

idk if you're a troll or just plain stupid , but with that attitude you'll most likely be street cleaning
Reply 5
Original post by jesus234234
There is large amounts of harm in it for you in the future. You will regret it deeply one day as you realize you won't be getting good opportunities for internships or well paying job offers. But I guess if you just care about the moment and are fine with your future self suffering, go for it. You yourself admit that you realized that you are harming yourself and are fine with it. There is an enormous amount of implicit cost with your decision to do terribly in school as you'll be going to bad universities, you will get bad grades in university as well if you go to university even that is. And then when an employer sees that you are lazy and are alright with failing and doing a bad job, nobody will want to hire you and you'll end up working poorly paid jobs. What is better? Enjoyment these two years, or enjoyment for all the years after these two years?

I understand this but the problem isn't that I'm lazy in everything I do. Like I do all my homework on time, helped other people with personal statements and went through the apprenticeship process several times with different companies. I just don't have the motivation to revise now for something with little benefit now. In terms of a job, I would put some effort in as I know that if I don't, then I'll get fired. I know what you mean so thanks for the replies in terms of not going to university but honestly, I don't really mind not going. However, your reply has made me realise that I need to find the motivation to revise myself as it is for my benefit in the future and it impacts other people as well so thanks for that.
Reply 6
Original post by Ray_Shadows
idk if you're a troll or just plain stupid , but with that attitude you'll most likely be street cleaning

It's not that I want to fail, it's that its easier for me to go down that route. Besides, if I did, hypothetically speaking, fail to get to uni, I would just start over with an apprenticeship and potentially rise up the ranks.

You know, street cleaners can get up to £400 a week so not actually that bad lol :tongue:
It's not that I want to fail, it's that its easier for me to go down that route. Besides, if I did, hypothetically speaking, fail to get to uni, I would just start over with an apprenticeship and potentially rise up the ranks.

You know, street cleaners can get up to £400 a week so not actually that bad lol :tongue:

yeh that's a lie , my friends brother is a street cleaner and he earns 13k a YEAR , which is bloody pathetic
Work hard in your lessons to get as much done as possible so you don't need to do anything at home. Do you find the motivation to study in college? I suggest you use your frees as much as possible to get things done. One teacher of mine told us that the more you get done in your frees the less you have to do at home. I probably do 2-3 hours of work in my frees over the course of a week, and half an hour each night. But I work quickly anyway, and what takes me 15mins probably takes some upwards of 45mins. You have to find out what works best for you.
Reply 9
Original post by xEmilyxx
Work hard in your lessons to get as much done as possible so you don't need to do anything at home. Do you find the motivation to study in college? I suggest you use your frees as much as possible to get things done. One teacher of mine told us that the more you get done in your frees the less you have to do at home. I probably do 2-3 hours of work in my frees over the course of a week, and half an hour each night. But I work quickly anyway, and what takes me 15mins probably takes some upwards of 45mins. You have to find out what works best for you.

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I started doing just before the holidays and it does seem like a good idea. People seem to be more inclined to work in college.
Thanks for the advice. Thats what I started doing just before the holidays and it does seem like a good idea. People seem to be more inclined to work in college.

The atmosphere encourages you to work harder. When you're at home all you want to do is sit around and do nothing, whereas in college because there's genuinely nothing else to do you'll find you'll enjoy revising/working then.

Quick Reply

Latest