The Student Room Group

I'm stressed

I know strongly that I'm taking IGCSE English first language , mathematics, geography , biology and art/design . I had an issue when I had to switch subjects 6 months in the 2 year course, I changed my old subject which is drama to global perspectives, is it safe to change 6 months in? now in I'm less than one year until the globals written exam and I been informed by my teacher that when I entered globals the other students are in groups doing a project which is apart of the syllabus and its being assessed . He didn't tell me that the project was being assessed by Cambridge. Im worried about my global perspectives grade overall.
I have 5 solid IGCSE subjects that I will be doing and I have one language IGCSE,
is it safe to take IGCSE global perspectives ? I'm worried if 5 wont be enough for the universities and colleges
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tanalana
I know strongly that I'm taking IGCSE English first language , mathematics, geography , biology and art/design . I had an issue when I had to switch subjects 6 months in the 2 year course, I changed my old subject which is drama to global perspectives, is it safe to change 6 months in? now in I'm less than one year until the globals written exam and I been informed by my teacher that when I entered globals the other students are in groups doing a project which is apart of the syllabus and its being assessed . He didn't tell me that the project was being assessed by Cambridge. Im worried about my global perspectives grade overall.
I have 5 solid IGCSE subjects that I will be doing and I have one language IGCSE,
is it safe to take IGCSE global perspectives ? I'm worried if 5 wont be enough for the universities and colleges

Talk to the teacher again and look at the project plus how viable it is. It's unlikely the groups did much work. Are they letting you join a group or you have to complete alone? Gauge how much work it involves and your grade. As you asked to switch then it is your responsibility to have fund out about the course. If I was in that situation the I would check with the unis you are interested as to what GCSEs are required. Some ask for 2,5,6, or more.

I expect you can do the project by yourself and n time if you organise yourself and work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest