The Student Room Group

stress from a levels

a levels stress has completely taken over me, ive lost 5 kg in the past two or three weeks, and not sure on how to manage my stress
are there any tips for reducing stress?
Reply 1
Oh boy I hope I just don't post another generic answer to this question.
First of all, I understand the stress and it happens to students throughout their academic journey. To manage stress you will have to determine the aspects that you're stressing about ( not getting the grades you want etc ) and how exactly is not getting what you want affect your short or long term goals.
It's been a decade since I was in your position and there's been numerous times after it that I have felt stress about education. I have failed, I thought I wasted my life and everything but there's something I have realized along the way that's sort of helped me.
In the long run it doesn't matter what your scores are, even if you fail. They will affect you in the short term and you probably would have to work harder as a result but if you're committed and determined, life finds a way for you.
I'd be happy to talk more if you want me to.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
a levels stress has completely taken over me, ive lost 5 kg in the past two or three weeks, and not sure on how to manage my stress

I'm so sorry about that. Is there anything particularly stressing you out or is it just an overwhelming feeling? Sometimes it's more than stress and could be anxiety. Have you spoken to anyone about this?
Reply 3
Original post by AGalanthynius
I'm so sorry about that. Is there anything particularly stressing you out or is it just an overwhelming feeling? Sometimes it's more than stress and could be anxiety. Have you spoken to anyone about this?

im stressed about not getting the grades i need for uni, so i think its a mix of both stress and anxiety, ive spoken to people who have just told me to 'not stress' which isnt very helpful :smile:
im stressed about not getting the grades i need for uni, so i think its a mix of both stress and anxiety, ive spoken to people who have just told me to 'not stress' which isnt very helpful :smile:

I can relate to the don't stress. Worst advice ever haha. I think it's quite normal to feel worried about not getting the grades for uni but if you feel it's taking over your life that's where it can become a problem. Maybe try talking to friends who can understand what you're going through?
Reply 5

Just try your best, your health is more important, even if you try your best and don't get quite the right grades your family should be proud so just put in your all on exam day. Lifes about doing the best you can.
Reply 6
Just try your best, your health is more important, even if you try your best and don't get quite the right grades your family should be proud so just put in your all on exam day. Lifes about doing the best you can.

This is extremely true. Perfect mentality that helps you go a long way
Reply 7
Original post by Mxr312
This is extremely true. Perfect mentality that helps you go a long way

Facts bro

Quick Reply

Latest