The Student Room Group

occupational health for nursing degree

hello - I'm just looking for some guidance regarding occupational health and nursing degree. currently getting assessed and the longer its going on for (its currently been prioritised and i am waiting on my psychiatrist to write report for occ. health team, and then for an assessment to be carried out by occ. health physician) the more stressed I'm getting that i wont be allowed to study. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this? thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by caterpillar003
hello - I'm just looking for some guidance regarding occupational health and nursing degree. currently getting assessed and the longer its going on for (its currently been prioritised and i am waiting on my psychiatrist to write report for occ. health team, and then for an assessment to be carried out by occ. health physician) the more stressed I'm getting that i wont be allowed to study. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this? thank you!

Hi

Due to you be truthful about your health issues then occupational health may had to write to your GP and possibly your hospital consultant for further information before deciding you are suitable for doing nursing okay

It's standard practice to make sure that you are capable of this plus how would you cope with stressful situation as a nurse. Plus patient safety is important.

Just don't get stressed about it as you'll soon know what the outcome is okay.

All students who apply for nursing degrees will be screened by occupational health as well.

Registered NHS midwife.
Original post by caterpillar003

Hello @caterpillar003 [br] [br] I hope you’re well. I completely understand why you’re stressed, I would be too. But let’s try and flip the coin and look at it from a different perspective! The more information the university has the better & if you are to continue in your studies maybe this will allow them to find your ways to support you during nursing!

Hoping everything works out for you!
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending