Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Just wondering, does anyone use a sunbed on here? I'm sick of looking pasty as fe*k and want a bit of colour... but I'm a bit concerned with all the health risks and stuff that are associated with sunbeds. Anyone help me out that knows their stuff? lol

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    don't go on a sunbed!

Use fake tan instead
    My g/f has pale skin and uses fake tan whenever she decides she wants a bit of color!

ReputationRep:
    Fake tan wipes are better than lotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danyul)
    don't go on a sunbed!

Use fake tan instead
    My g/f has pale skin and uses fake tan whenever she decides she wants a bit of color!
    Mmm - true

Ideally, I'd like to go to a salon and get one of those really cool ones like in Friends where Ross gets a tan lol but I have no idea where the nearest one to me is, and I imagine it'd cost a whole heap more than a superdrug's own jobbie lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Hey everyone!

Just wondering, does anyone use a sunbed on here? I'm sick of looking pasty as fe*k and want a bit of colour... but I'm a bit concerned with all the health risks and stuff that are associated with sunbeds. Anyone help me out that knows their stuff? lol

Thanks!
    Just spend a day at the beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Fake tan wipes are better than lotions.
    Any in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Just spend a day at the beach.
    lol, what at Brighton? in September? :rolleyes:

I did get a tan on my arms from Reading a few weeks ago - my nose also went bright red, honestly I could have lost Rudolph a job!

ReputationRep:
    fake tan lotion...no no no NO NO. all my friends have done it and have ended up with streaky legs/arms. as for fast tan centres theres places i think where you can go on for a minute or something, and the colour gradually comes in after you've come out, it builds up gradually. they seem to look better than sunshowers/tan lotions

ReputationRep:
    well i wouldnt really recommend the sunbed...it can apparently get quite addictive...
    umm, i know there are some spray on fake tans that dont give the streaky look. there is also air-brush tanning (look in the argos catalogue for that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Any in particular?
    Actually new look do them and they're really good.

At the risk of sounding like a cheapo, Wilkos do good ones too.

And Asda's range isn't too bad.

I think PizBuin and Ambre Solaire ones are great but really over priced.

DON'T use lotions - they're crap, but WIPES are really good.

ReputationRep:
    Simple fake tan is brill. The colour is really natural and it rarely streaks. So there you go a brill tan and no skin cancer.

THIS IS MY 100TH POST

ReputationRep:
    I put fake tan on my leg once it looked well funny, although I did only do it messing around. Went a nice orange/brown colour!

I think if you use a good quality one (PizBuin etc) then you can't go wrong.. although, being a lad I can't tell you how good the results are!

what ya gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danyul)
    I put fake tan on my leg once it looked well funny, although I did only do it messing around. Went a nice orange/brown colour!

I think if you use a good quality one (PizBuin etc) then you can't go wrong.. although, being a lad I can't tell you how good the results are!

what ya gonna do?
    It seems like the wipes and the spray tan are the best options... think I'll be going to find a studio somewhere that can do a spray one - I'll let you know what the results are when I find it! hehe.

Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    yey, naked spray tan!!

ReputationRep:
    Spray tan is the way to go... sun beds wont really do you any favours if you have pale skin anyway.

Go and get it done at a proper tan place though!!!

ReputationRep:
    Be careful at the salon, though - one of my friends got it done and it looked terrible! My cousin got one at The Tanning Shop, costing £30 I think, but that didn't turn out good either. Yet another friend got a Fantasy Tan, I think that was the best. Or you could get the salon to apply the lotion - at least it won't be streaky. Remember to exfoliate and moisturise the night before!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.