The Student Room Group

Fake tans...

Hey everyone!

Just wondering, does anyone use a sunbed on here? I'm sick of looking pasty as fe*k and want a bit of colour... but I'm a bit concerned with all the health risks and stuff that are associated with sunbeds. Anyone help me out that knows their stuff? lol

Thanks!
don't go on a sunbed!

Use fake tan instead :biggrin:
My g/f has pale skin and uses fake tan whenever she decides she wants a bit of color!
Reply 2
Fake tan wipes are better than lotions.
Danyul
don't go on a sunbed!

Use fake tan instead :biggrin:
My g/f has pale skin and uses fake tan whenever she decides she wants a bit of color!

Mmm - true

Ideally, I'd like to go to a salon and get one of those really cool ones like in Friends where Ross gets a tan :biggrin: lol but I have no idea where the nearest one to me is, and I imagine it'd cost a whole heap more than a superdrug's own jobbie lol
Reply 4
red665
Hey everyone!

Just wondering, does anyone use a sunbed on here? I'm sick of looking pasty as fe*k and want a bit of colour... but I'm a bit concerned with all the health risks and stuff that are associated with sunbeds. Anyone help me out that knows their stuff? lol

Thanks!

Just spend a day at the beach.
Amb1
Fake tan wipes are better than lotions.

Any in particular?
Everdawn
Just spend a day at the beach.

lol, what at Brighton? in September? :tongue: :rolleyes:

I did get a tan on my arms from Reading a few weeks ago - my nose also went bright red, honestly I could have lost Rudolph a job!
Reply 7
fake tan lotion...no no no NO NO. all my friends have done it and have ended up with streaky legs/arms. as for fast tan centres theres places i think where you can go on for a minute or something, and the colour gradually comes in after you've come out, it builds up gradually. they seem to look better than sunshowers/tan lotions
Reply 8
well i wouldnt really recommend the sunbed...it can apparently get quite addictive...
umm, i know there are some spray on fake tans that dont give the streaky look. there is also air-brush tanning (look in the argos catalogue for that)
Reply 9
red665
Any in particular?

Actually new look do them and they're really good.

At the risk of sounding like a cheapo, Wilkos do good ones too.

And Asda's range isn't too bad.

I think PizBuin and Ambre Solaire ones are great but really over priced.

DON'T use lotions - they're crap, but WIPES are really good. :smile:
Reply 10
Simple fake tan is brill. The colour is really natural and it rarely streaks. So there you go a brill tan and no skin cancer.

THIS IS MY 100TH POST
I put fake tan on my leg once it looked well funny, although I did only do it messing around. Went a nice orange/brown colour! :biggrin:

I think if you use a good quality one (PizBuin etc) then you can't go wrong.. although, being a lad I can't tell you how good the results are!

:tongue: what ya gonna do?
Danyul
I put fake tan on my leg once it looked well funny, although I did only do it messing around. Went a nice orange/brown colour! :biggrin:

I think if you use a good quality one (PizBuin etc) then you can't go wrong.. although, being a lad I can't tell you how good the results are!

:tongue: what ya gonna do?

It seems like the wipes and the spray tan are the best options... :biggrin: think I'll be going to find a studio somewhere that can do a spray one - I'll let you know what the results are when I find it! :biggrin: hehe.

Thanks everyone! :biggrin: :biggrin:
yey, naked spray tan!!
Spray tan is the way to go... sun beds wont really do you any favours if you have pale skin anyway.

Go and get it done at a proper tan place though!!!
Be careful at the salon, though - one of my friends got it done and it looked terrible! My cousin got one at The Tanning Shop, costing £30 I think, but that didn't turn out good either. Yet another friend got a Fantasy Tan, I think that was the best. Or you could get the salon to apply the lotion - at least it won't be streaky. Remember to exfoliate and moisturise the night before!

Latest

Trending

Trending