The Student Room Group

what if I have applied to a course that is not accredited?

Hello there everyone,

I have applied to Medical Biosciences (with a business management course in the final year) provided by Imperial College London. However this course is not accredited by the IBMS.
Is this a problem? Should I still consider it or only think of the other universities I have applied to? What would you advise me to do?

I would really appreciate any help at all. Thank you!
Do you want to become a NHS Scientist or clinical researcher?
IBMS-accreditation is only relevant if you want to be a Biomedical Scientist. A few of my ex-fellow students who graduated from BSc Biomedical Science don't actually realise they're committing a criminal offence by referring to themselves as Biomedical Scientist's without HCPC registration for which IBMS-accredited degree's are just one of the requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by YouMadBro!
Do you want to become a NHS Scientist or clinical researcher?

Thank you for replying.
Well, I'm not entirely sure...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by TraineeBMS
IBMS-accreditation is only relevant if you want to be a Biomedical Scientist. A few of my ex-fellow students who graduated from BSc Biomedical Science don't actually realise they're committing a criminal offence by referring to themselves as Biomedical Scientist's without HCPC registration for which IBMS-accredited degree's are just one of the requirements.

Thank you for replying.
Alright. So if i would like to pursue something else other than being a biomedical scientist, I do not need to have an accredited degree.
However, I have still heard people say that employers would value an accredited undergraduate degree.... is this true?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mini101
Thank you for replying.
Alright. So if i would like to pursue something else other than being a biomedical scientist, I do not need to have an accredited degree.
However, I have still heard people say that employers would value an accredited undergraduate degree.... is this true?

It wouldn't make any difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending