The Student Room Group

Farmers have death threats sent by violent vegans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cman123
If you're refering to me, i never suggested that death threats are justifiable at all, merely the anger and emotion that Vegans feel about the farming industry, maybe you should have read all of my comments on this thread before making a judgement on my postion on this topic, it would have been the smartest thing to do.

And maybe you should have read the source in the op where the extremist discussed kept deflecting and trying to suggest that the death threats were nothing compared to what the farmers were doing, and accusing them of playing the victim card. It would, as you said, "have been the smartest thing to do".

The statement humans we're "meant" to be vegan makes no sense, humans are opportunistic eaters meaning that they can pretty much eat whatever they want,

And without modern technology for fortifying foods and covering deficiencies, veganism would not be viable - hell, despite that veganism is not viable for everyone.

i feel like it's justified since both humans and animals in the industry feel pain, can make emotional connections with others etc i've explained this in my other comments perhaps actually read them (including a video of a holocaust victim saying the same thing) and watch the video links included to furthur educate yourself.

Animals being able to feel pain does not make comparing our place in the natural world (nature is red in tooth and claw) to the systematic slaughter of millions of people acceptable. Comparing eating meat to the nazis shows a lack of understanding about the holocaust, a lack of decency to make light of it and a lack of depth in assessing situations. It is a ludicrous argument to put forward, and does your position nothing but harm - to be frank, if someone wants to call me a rapist or a nazi for eating a steak, it signals they're not worth listening to at all.
Reply 41
Original post by cman123
I got the gist of what u were trying to do but phrasing it in the way that u did just undermines my actual rational/postion since it's inaccuarte. Yeah i agree with ur ideas on winning debates (since if seen too many to count) and the way people think - btw anthropocentric is the key word that is the trunk of the opposition, i've layed out in my paragraph of reason as u've put it, why it's very illogical and should not be the basis of morality. I agree but the sanctity of life should apply to all scentient life, not just humans going back to the trunk agian. Yes i would say that the oppositions view on this is illogical obviously! This goes back to basic philosophical arguments if the basis of ur argument layed out is wrong (illogical) then the entire argument falls apart in this case the trunk would be anthropocentic or speceiestist. If i were to build a logical argument on the basis of the existance of goblins my premises apart from the initial one could eaily be sound and logical however the initial premise is not, due to a lack of evidence so the argument falls apart. No need to help me undertand the views of my oppostition a good debater must know this fully before entering a debate else they're set for failure, my problem with ur first post was that it's just not accurate as stated above so if ur point was to help the opposition understand my point of view then u've simply just helped them understand a skewed view that's not mine and easy to argue against. BTW no Vegan wants equal rights for animals and humans since that means animals would have the right to get married and buy a house and get a car or a job or get paid, the Vegan perspective is to treat all scentient animals with respect and dignity which is currently not happening. The entire argument can actually also just be put as so:

"Is the human hedonistic desire to eat meat, overpowered by the an animals RIGHT to live, the way it chooses, and not be subject to conditions whereby it's dignity, value and sanctity are undermined".

Don't see why this practice should continue anymore

Can you cut down on the amount of stuff you say? I can guarantee that none is going to bother reading your vegan propaganda if you write that much, you obviously think you are on the right side and that you are the cleverest one in here but you are dead wrong. Keep dreaming about being on the right side of the argument, no matter what points people come up against you, you are just going to find some exaggerated or stupid excuse or example to go against it. If you love animals so much then have a few pigs and cows housed at your home.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
And maybe you should have read the source in the op where the extremist discussed kept deflecting and trying to suggest that the death threats were nothing compared to what the farmers were doing, and accusing them of playing the victim card. It would, as you said, "have been the smartest thing to do".

And without modern technology for fortifying foods and covering deficiencies, veganism would not be viable - hell, despite that veganism is not viable for everyone.

Animals being able to feel pain does not make comparing our place in the natural world (nature is red in tooth and claw) to the systematic slaughter of millions of people acceptable. Comparing eating meat to the nazis shows a lack of understanding about the holocaust, a lack of decency to make light of it and a lack of depth in assessing situations. It is a ludicrous argument to put forward, and does your position nothing but harm - to be frank, if someone wants to call me a rapist or a nazi for eating a steak, it signals they're not worth listening to at all.

I seriously feel like people are misunderstanding my position, like i've said before i'm not Vegan (although i will be eventually), the reason i even started responding to your comment was in order to allow people to undertand the Vegan perspective, and not judge too quickly.

What has modern technology got to do with anything "murderer", "rapsits" these all evoke a sense of emotion and morality, morals are why eating meat is wrong. Veganism is viable for every person on a minimum wage, in the developed world, i wouldn't arguing about this topic if we lived in a straved african country, a vegan diet is dirt cheap.

Who the fck said i was okay with the holocaust?, who in their right mind would say such a thing! Comparing the holocaust to the treatment of animals in the meat industry does not show my lack of understanding of anything but rather that my view on morality is not based on humans, but rather all scentient life as a whole. Tell me this, u know that the only reason that we in the first world eat meat is due to headonism, nothing else, would u therfore be okay to replace all the farm animals with dogs and cats, treating them the same way that farm animals are treated, if the meat tasted just as good or better?

Look i'm not trying to offend u guys or anything, i've got nothing agianst u, but there is no and i mean NO logical argument one can put forward against Veganism.
(edited 6 years ago)
The biggest problem here is the disregard for paragraphs, no one cares about your point if it’s an eye test to read.
WOW! unbeliveable! Rape of animals is okay beacuse "they are unable to communicate to us in a way we would normally associate with the lack of consent involved in rape"
This is the issue ur morality is merely based on humans, by this logic if i were to buy a dog and rape it now and again there would be nothing wrong with it?

ANIMALS HAVE NO MORAL AGENCY THEY'RE ANIMALS, that's like saying when a tiger kills a rabbit it was MURDER, these terms murder and rape refer to HUMANS who have moral agency. We can understand why certain things are morally wrong because we have big enough brains that have evolved in order for us to do this. Humans are doing the vaginal penetration not another farm animal.

You clearly don't know much about how animals give birth what they did in the video was not assisting do u really think ths is how Vets assist dogs when they give birth, penetrate their vagina? But eventually Yes assistance maybe needed, do u know why? Beacuse the cow had given birth so many that the vaginal walls and whomb begin to work very ineffectively this is very painful for the cow, imagine how painful it would be for human well guess what it's just as painful, since both cow and humans can feel pain! They have to go through this just so that we (humans) get the milk we want not need.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cat_mac
The biggest problem here is the disregard for paragraphs, no one cares about your point if it’s an eye test to read.

For cryin out loud okayy!!!
It wasn't just due to religion they were "Jews" ethnicity was also the main problem.

"language, culture and more general things like thought processes." u are aware that chimps and other apes have their own culture, and all animals communicate with one another even farm animals. Also all of what u just stated would not apply to someone with a severe mental disablilty like i've said before soooo by this logic why wouldn't it be okay to kill all people like this in order to obtain their meat? Animals must also have basic thought processes, just like people with a mental disability. Your logic still is not valid. I can always continue to point out these things no matter what kind of example u give, the argument still stands.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by cman123
It wasn't just due to religion they were "Jews" ethnicity was also the main problem.

"language, culture and more general things like thought processes." u are aware that chimps and other apes have their own culture, and all animals communicate with one another even farm animals. Also all of what u just stated would not apply to soemone with a severe mental disablilty like i've said before soooo, why would it be okay to kill all people like this in order to obtain their meat? Animals must also have basic thought processes, just like people with a mental disability. I don't think so ur logic still is not valid. I can always continue to point out these things no matter what kind of example u give, the argument still stands.

You want to give these farm animals human rights? Really? So my fried chicken should have human rights? YOUR logic is the one that's invalid, if we were to give these animals human rights then it will just make life for us humans harder, they will breed and multiply and eventually take a lot of land and resources which us humans need, again survival of the fittest. It's just not possible and a lot of us humans just have to eat meat, some of us don't like veggies you know, why should humans stop eating meat when other animals are eating meat? You don't defy nature and your examples are nothing more than pure foolishness, the genocide of jews in WW2 and killing animals for food are two different things, I am sure the Nazis didn't farm Jews for their own food did they? Giving human right to farm animals? Just stupid and is never going to happen in a million years
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 48
How has this thread degenerated from Vegans being butt nuggets into a conversion on Jews..?
Reply 49
Original post by Napp
How has this thread degenerated from Vegans being butt nuggets into a conversion on Jews..?

That's exactly what I am wondering, comparing the killing of farm animals to the genocide of jews is stupid.
Anyone that sends death threats is in the wrong, I think it would be ignorant to say that all vegans are therefore violent and wrong and to band them all into the same group. In the same way it would be ignorant to say that all Muslims are evil due to the acts of terrorists. Vegans are characterised by not eating animal produce, not by extreme acts a few of them do
Original post by The RAR
You want to give these farm animals human rights? Really? So my fried chicken should have human rights? YOUR logic is the one that's invalid, if we were to give these animals human rights then it will just make life for us humans harder, they will breed and multiply and eventually take a lot of land and resources which us humans need, again survival of the fittest. It's just not possible and a lot of us humans just have to eat meat, some of us don't like veggies you know, why should humans stop eating meat when other animals are eating meat? You don't defy nature and your examples are nothing more than pure foolishness, the genocide of jews in WW2 and killing animals for food are two different things, I am sure the Nazis didn't farm Jews for their own food did they? Giving human right to farm animals? Just stupid and is never going to happen in a million years

As a meat-eater myself, I’m baffled by these myths and fallacious arguments that many meat-eaters throw around. You do realise that we actively breed and raise livestock, right? When synthetic meat hits the supermarkets in around 5-10 years, the demand for meat obtained via the slaughter of animals will decrease, and due to the principle of supply and demand, we’ll eventually STOP raising livestock for food. The animals we typical eat (cows, chickens, etc) are not gong to overrun the planet. On the contrary, their populations would decline SHARPLY as humans will no longer neee to breed them. Your second reason is a fallacious appeal to nature. Just because animals do X, it does not follow that humans ought to do X. You can’t derive an ought from an is.

Now, there are some valid arguments for meat (nutrition, economy, etc), but your ignorant rant is just embarrassing.
Reply 52
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
As a meat-eater myself, I’m baffled by these myths and fallacious arguments that many meat-eaters throw around. You do realise that we actively breed and raise livestock, right? When synthetic meat hits the supermarkets in around 5-10 years, the demand for meat obtained via the slaughter of animals will decrease, and due to the principle of supply and demand, we’ll eventually STOP raising livestock for food. The animals we typical eat (cows, chickens, etc) are not gong to overrun the planet. On the contrary, their populations would decline SHARPLY as humans will no longer neee to breed them. Your second reason is a fallacious appeal to nature. Just because animals do X, it does not follow that humans ought to do X. You can’t derive an ought from an is.

Now, there are some valid arguments for meat (nutrition, economy, etc), but your ignorant rant is just embarrassing.

Think before calling my rant ignorant, these animals can always breed themselves and can overtake land if they can breed in large enough numbers. Ehm yeah I know that what other animals do doesn't apply to humans but why should humans only stop eating meat eh? With technology advancing I doubt we will stop farming meat. I see nothing embarrassing about my argument.
Original post by The RAR
Think before calling my rant ignorant, these animals can always breed themselves and can overtake land if they can breed in large enough numbers.

This is factually incorrect. In agricultural domestication of animals, we have selected for traits that are desirable for human cultivation and consumption, but are counter to adaptations that animals would require to be self-sustaining in the wild. The animals would rapidly starve to death and be consumed by wild animals if we stopped breeding and raising animals for food. Almost all of the animals you eat are a result of artificial insemination.

yeah I know that what other animals do doesn't apply to humans but why should humans only stop eating meat eh? With technology advancing I doubt we will stop farming meat. I see nothing embarrassing about my argument.

Why wouldn’t we stop farming meat? Synthetic meat will be cheaper, healthier, easier and more efficient to produce, tastier, and environmental friendly. This is how capitalism works. Supple and demand.
Reply 54
Original post by The RAR
Can you cut down on the amount of stuff you say? I can guarantee that none is going to bother reading your vegan propaganda if you write that much, you obviously think you are on the right side and that you are the cleverest one in here but you are dead wrong. Keep dreaming about being on the right side of the argument, no matter what points people come up against you, you are just going to find some exaggerated or stupid excuse or example to go against it. If you love animals so much then have a few pigs and cows housed at your home.

Clearly you don't want to read it all as you have no logical arguments to refute his claims.
Reply 55
Original post by The RAR
Think before calling my rant ignorant, these animals can always breed themselves and can overtake land if they can breed in large enough numbers. Ehm yeah I know that what other animals do doesn't apply to humans but why should humans only stop eating meat eh? With technology advancing I doubt we will stop farming meat. I see nothing embarrassing about my argument.

Your whole argument is pathetic and retarded.
Reply 56
Why is that then? Animals have the ability to suffer just as much as humans.

I want a logical argument from you here. Not the typical ' Because they're animals and we're humans and animal suffering doesn't matter just because I am a arrogant piece of **** who thinks I'm pure smart'.
Reply 57
I'm new here actually.
Reply 58
Original post by cat_mac
Can radical vegans please just c h i l l.

There’s nothing vegan about sending death threats, how does threatening someone else’s life encourage them to respect the life of anything else? All this achieves is inspiring hate toward vegans.

I see many people who eat meat wishing death on people that eat dogs in china, is that also wrong?
Original post by bdfew
I see many people who eat meat wishing death on people that eat dogs in china, is that also wrong?

Of course? In china they view eating dog the same as meat eaters here view eating cows. Sending death threats isn’t productive or morally right.

If you’re vouching for life to be valued, threatening to end someone else’s isn’t going to do a thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending