The Student Room Group

Economics revision

I am in year 12 studying the first year of economics and finding it really difficult. is there any way in particular to revise it so its clearer or how to remember all the content.
Original post by supergirl12345
I am in year 12 studying the first year of economics and finding it really difficult. is there any way in particular to revise it so its clearer or how to remember all the content.

I got an A* in economics last year for edexcel a-level (got A*A*A* overall, in one of the worst schools in my borough). I'd really say hammer down content, ensuring you know your textbook and understand it. If you understand it, then memorising will become easy. Stay on top of the news and changes in markets and interest rates etc. On YouTube, best resource is Tutor2U, who explains everything in great detail, but can be boring and long- great for content. More exam oriented is EconPlusDal, who works on structuring essays and arguments (he literally gives you a tonne of possible questions and points to write for each one.) Good luck! Don't be afraid to PM me for further advice or help (i study econ at a top london uni)
cheers for the websites

Original post by SherlockD
I got an A* in economics last year for edexcel a-level (got A*A*A* overall, in one of the worst schools in my borough). I'd really say hammer down content, ensuring you know your textbook and understand it. If you understand it, then memorising will become easy. Stay on top of the news and changes in markets and interest rates etc. On YouTube, best resource is Tutor2U, who explains everything in great detail, but can be boring and long- great for content. More exam oriented is EconPlusDal, who works on structuring essays and arguments (he literally gives you a tonne of possible questions and points to write for each one.) Good luck! Don't be afraid to PM me for further advice or help (i study econ at a top london uni)

Quick Reply

Latest