The Student Room Group

anyone do these a levels

does anyone do this combo : economics, psychology, English lit. if so how is it
Reply 1
Sorry, I don't do psychology so I can't give a fully rounded response. I would say that economics and english lit (unsurprisingly) don't complement each other very well, but it genuinely does not matter because they are my joint favourite subjects. There is alot to do for English Lit (so much poetry, two novels, play, shakespeare play, coursework). However, all the tests are open book so memorisation isn't that much of a challenge - just make sure you're good at writing.

As for economics, i adore the subject. it's also not got that much content (compared to my other subjects). the first theme is very easy anyway, and the diagrams are easy once you wrap your head around them.

Hopefully you find someone who does psychology here, too!!
Original post by saffronarora

omg yes i actually do know someone who does those combos but i have half trm and i dont have her socials so i cant really ask her how she is finding it. But i do alevel psychology and im finding it good atm
Reply 3

Hi, I'm in year 13 studying psychology, economics, and sociology. Psychology is my favorite subject. It's just that it's very content-heavy. However, once you learn how to write the 16m and bigger questions, it all makes sense. For economics, as long as you pay attention in class, you'll be fine. Plus, both of these subjects have many helpful online resources to assist with revision, etc.

i do a level psychology!! it is a content heavy subject but very rewarding - it's so fun to learn!! i recommend revising consistently so that you are on top of your studies ❤️
Reply 5
thank you sm everyone

I do english combined and psychology
English is quite content heavy but I think it depends on the teacher I still love it though so I think its worth taking if you enjoy it but just make sure you keep up to date with revision material for the course

psychology is my favourite subject if u do it for GCSE u have a headstart but I didnt do it for GCSE and love it the content is a little bit much but bearable I think its easier to manage because withe english theres less revision guides for texts unlike Psych which has loads. If ur interested in both of the subjects and like all of them just go for it u can always switch a few months into the course (thats what my sixth form lets u do anyway) hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest